Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/02 (Read 262 times)

Dude, I race again on the 8th.  I'm crazy.

Where?  And yes you are Smile

7.1 miles, 1:02:34, 8:50/mi, AHR 143 (73% MHR), including 10 striders

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

5.3 miles, 47:54 (8:59 pace).

Don't get too excited, Lou.  I ran it last night .

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wife ran w me this morning. When alarm went off at 0600 she was tired, so I said, ok, we'll sleep half an hour more then run, so entire run was in daylight.

I did half a mile by myself while she got ready, but I was cold enough my eyes were watering, so came back in for a 2nd shirt. 41F. Where's my beloved warm weather gone...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Nice run, Dave.

It's all relative, Perry -- it was 38° by us, but I was overdressed with my second shirt.

The moon was so bright this morning, I saw my shadow.  Never noticed that before...

First lunchtime workout. I liked it. 3 miles on the treadmill, and some crunches.

Dave

First lunchtime workout. I liked it. 3 miles on the treadmill, and some crunches.

Nice, Murphy.  You must have been reading my mind.  Got out at lunch for nearly 6 myself.  Makes me seriously hungry and I tend to eat junk at the office but it makes the whole day go better.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I might have to change my Avatar. I miss her everytime I see that pic.

Dave

Ahhhh.  New fathers .

Wait until she gets a little older and you start getting text messages from her.

MTA:  For the record, I don't miss my cat when I see my avatar.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

I had a great run today - 5.25 miles at a nice easy pace.  Beautiful weather.  Best run since my return from India, so hopefully the effects of the trip are fading.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

WillRunForBeer - Love your name... it reminds me of the Berlin Marathon... There was a spectator at about mile 14 who held a sign which was a large glass of beer with and arrow underneath with the words 'Beer - 12 miles this way'! It was supprisingly motivational Smile

29/04/2012 Milton Keynes Marathon: 3:42:06

21/02/2010 Sussex Beacon Half Marathon: 1:51:30

Thanks, Cara.  In addition to running, I brew my own beer.  I wanted to get running and homebrewing into my handle.  (and on my calf, too Smile )

theyapper

On the road again...

A little over 4 this morning.  Low 40s - first run in layers this season.  It's also the first early morning run since my trip.  I def feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Ringmaster

Paul, glad you're feeling back in the swing of it. Taper magic, baby!

Lou, I really like that tattoo. Who designed it for you? It's fantastic!

Well, after my interval session on Monday my legs were shredded yesterday. I ran 6 easy around 5 am but they were the hardest easy miles I've done in a long time and I would never have finished them if I hadn't been running with a friend. Then last night my little girl--this is a true story--was in the bathroom and pulled out a stool, lifted the toilet seat, and threw up in the bowl, all without saying a word. Poor kid!  So this morning I gave myself a pass on the easy 6 that were penciled into the schedule. I figured at this point rest will do me more good than a few more easy miles.

Raining today--hoping it's harbinger of cooler temps but kind of bummed that it's about a week too early for my race. It seems everyone around me is sick, too, so I feel like cloistering myself in my room. Would that be bad?

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                              Mile by Mile

Kimmie

Got out for 5.5 miles of hills this morning... too gorgeous outside.  45 and really sunny... loved it.

Sorry to hear your little one is sick, VixiDu.

I feel like we're just waiting for the sickness to hit us because it's going around like crazy.  I heard that they're not even testing for the flu anymore... weird.

My new goal is to hit the 1500 by the end of the year.  I thought maybe it would happen without the last minute cramming, but I must have missed too many workouts.  So, I'm going to put forth my best effort to hit that number.  Just because it sounds cool, for no other reason.

Paul, your running is going great.  I predict great things at Richmond.

Lou- love that tattoo.   DH wanted me to get a tattoo after my 2nd marathon... just couldn't do it.  Smile