Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/02 (Read 262 times)

Lou, I really like that tattoo. Who designed it for you? It's fantastic!

Thanks!

I commissioned one of my running friends who is also an artist to design it.  I met her here and IRL a couple of times.  Her handle is aija -- see http://shop.cafepress.com/dornbusch for more of her work.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Nice tat Lou when did ya get it?

Hope your dd is feeling better asap Vix!

Glad to hear your running is feeling better Paul! YOU are going to ROCK Richmond!

Loving the weather as well Kimmie!

. I had a 12 miler planned but RP wasn't feeling it today so we rescheduled for Friday.  So instead of a hilly 12 miler I got 6 moderate paced miles sandwiched between 4 easy miles. For some odd reason my last 4 runs or so have been 10 milers.  I was about to type because i'm too lazy to do doubles but that just doesn't sound right lol. Tomorrow should be an easy 6 or so. If I do 10 kill me!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good luck getting to 1500 kimmy!

I dont think I'll make it to 400....but Im starting to set myself up to be in good shape to start 2010.

Ran 3 on the tm at the gym today. My heal hurts a bit--Nothing too concerning now. And it feels better once I get running .couldnt be PF again, right?? Ive only run 6 miles in the past 30 days.

8.2 miles, 1:05:25, 8:00/mi, AHR 162 (83% MHR)

I think my internal thermostat is shifting -- I don't need to wear as much as I used to for 35°.  I was too warm with two shirts, gloves and hat.

Pam - I got the tattoo last Thanksgiving.  That is a hop plant in the upper right, in case anyone didn't recognize them Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Good morning, everyone!  It's a rest day for me, but wanted to poke my head in here and say hey.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Ringmaster

Hey! I ran 10 today and they felt so long! Not encouraging with my half around the corner, but I think it was just how late I set out and how windy it was.

35 is starting to sound mighty dreamy. I'm starting to check the 10-day forecast.

Thanks for the well wishes. DD felt great all day yesterday and is back in school today. It seems lots of people here are sick, so keeping her away from others when she showed the slightest symptom seemed the kind thing to do. It only works if everyone else is doing the same, though!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
              Mile by Mile

Did two on the tm at lunch and some misc leg exercise stuff. Will figure out a routine there. Feels good just getting in a couple few miles a day for now. I'll start in the 20ish mpw range, and then I'll figure how to get more in.

Heal feels fine today, so thats good.

Getting the H1N1 mist tomorrow. Good times.

Ringmaster

Murph, I'm taking one of the littles for the seasonal flu and getting my own at the same time. Ped said no h1n1 for us for now, but we don't have a baby in the house. I'll be thinking of you as I rub my sore arm . . . I think it's the injection for us. I'm just glad they have it . . . the shortage around here is crazy.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

I got the seasonal one in September--never got it before--but doc said with the newborn I should get it. Thats the only reason we're able to get the H1N1. Didnt realize how much that would hurt. My arm ached for a good few days.

Hawt and sexy

Nice tat and stuff.

My hottie is racing today.  *swoon*

My marathon is Sunday in Harrisburg.  Weather is a low of 44 with a high of 64 and sunny.  Smile  Purrfect day to be a cat. 

I will run in a bit, when I feel I can take a break from stalking following the speedskaters.

Hugs and stuff all around. 

I'm touching your pants.

Kimmie

hey y'all....

Decided to take the day off because of my ankle feeling twingey... most l likely nothing.

Man, Lou, that is one fast run.  What are you training for next?

Good to hear from you Murphy!  Your little girl is too cute!

Ok, I'm going to do the call out to those people we haven't heard from:

Jeremy, Cash, Erika, Bugs, Dave

Did I miss anyone?   Just want people to know they're missed and a Hi is always welcomed, whether you're running or not.

I really love the spreadsheet in the 1500 forum that tells you how much you have to run to get to 1500 by the end of the year.  Smile  Hopefully, the day off today was smart and not going to put me behind too much.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Anyone else want to run Veteran's Day 10K at Hanes Point in a little over a week and say hi? Sunday morning Nov 15. Lou? Kim?

Yeah, Kim, this is the same one I was already haranguing you about Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Happy Camper

Good racing Sunday Willa!

I'll be headed off to the Ozark Trial this afternoon.  It's going to be much better weather than I'd hoped for.  Maybe a little too warm.  Sunshine, breezy, mid 70's tomorrow and overnight low of upper 40's - 50.  Clear skies overnight.  I have until 2:00pm Sunday to finish.  Maybe not so muddy after all.  The week has been dry.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Good luck, Amanda!

Perry - as much as we'd like to see you (and Kimmie), I think we're going to have to pass.  Just the thought of waking up at 4am on a Sunday makes me tired, plus PDR is struggling with some knee issues since Newport, and wants to be healthy for our yearly turkey trot 5K in Frederick.

3.1 miles, 28:15, 9:01/mi, AHR 134 (68% MHR)

Kimmie

Good morning you all...  I'm going to go out and run 6 here in a little bit.

If my ankle is still bothering me, then I may pass on the 10K.   But I will let you know Perry.

Sorry to hear that PDR is having knee issues, Lou.

Pace-  What's the Ozark Trail or is it trial?   

Oh and good luck Amanda!  What are you racing?

Pam, are you training for anything?