Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/18 (Read 333 times)

Dave

Ok folks, I'm hitting the road. Next post will be a RR. I am so going to rock this!
    Never have I been as confident in another runner's performance. You are going to do great, MrI. Come to think of it, I've never been all that confident in my own performance either. Strange Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Rock n' roll Mr. I and Jeremy!!!! Can't wait to read the race reports..... Team Blister representing!
      theyapper

On the road again...

Looks like I've missed a car crash. Glad you're okay, Dave. Can't wait to read the marathon reports that are gonna come out of this week-end! 2.62 miles today.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

yap,

you are funny. we should all do an honary 2.62 mile run when someone is running  a marathon.

If you like happy endings don't read this......I was at the end of my workout doing a timed interval when a baby bunny runs across the path in the cemetary. A pair of evil black hawks head for the bunny, and I quit my interval to breakup the fight. I'm staring at this  bunny. It reminds me of the squirls from Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I try to run again, and the hawks are back and my screaming scares the hawks, and gets a few stares from people putting flowers on graves. It's just me and baby bunny and the Mom is hiding a good 50 feet away and the bunny is running away from Mom to get away from me. I wait ten minutes but this bunny and it's beadie little eyes is freaking me out. I don't see the hawks so I start to run again. Well the third time chasing the hawks I was too late. It's neck was hurt. I thought about taking it home but I got two cats, and it just wouldn't have ended well. I still feel bad, not about the messed up intervals, but that. I suck at protecting bunnies. I may run with a gun next time.

Bugs

Poor bunny (or squirrel, whichever), but the hawks have to eat, too, you know.  

Hmm, new intererface for RA, including private messages -- cool!  

5.1 miles, 46:26, 9:04/mi, AHR 140 (72% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Poor bunny (or squirrel, whichever), but the hawks have to eat, too, you know.  

If you were a bad nut you'd be scared too.

Bugs

Dave

5.5 miles, 44:30 (8:06 pace, AHR 161).

It was hot.  I wanted it over with.  My running has been less than consistent lately and I'm going too fast too often.  

Maybe its just a sympathetic taper for our Bayshore runners?

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

good run Dave.

Yes it was hot.

I ended up with 10 miles today with the warmup and the cooldown for my 10K.

I posted a mini report in the race report thread....

whew!   still hot after 2 hours... going to the pool now.  Smile

Dave

Team Blister has another BQ this weekend!

Not that there was any doubt.

Great job, Jeremy.  I'll wait for him to post the details but lets just say he rocked it. 

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

That is so great..... I just saw that on FB.

Way to go Jeremy!!  You trained hard and it's paid off.

Do we know how Mr. I did?

Bugs

Great job Jeremy.

Bugs

Most excellent race, Jeremy!

Happy Camper

Congratulations Jeremy and Mr.I. 

Kimmie:  Nice 10k.  81º is tough to race in. 

13 & change for me this morning.  Bought some aero bars for the roadbike this morning.  I hopefully will get a ride in this afternoon/evening.  Adjusted the seat and lapped the block a few times.  It felt good.  Duathlon in next weekend.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

81°?  Yikes!  You're pretty tough, Kim -- 50 is a hard goal for that race in this weather.  Well done!

Cashmason

Great job Jeremey.

Bugs,  I am with you,  I would have tried to help the baby   bunny.

15 miles at slow pace.