Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/18 (Read 333 times)

evanflein

For those of us not on Facebook... I sure hope results get posted here!

Off to find Kimmie's report.

Yard and garden work on tap today, and final high school soccer games. Glad that part of the season is done!

Kimmie

Baby bunny.... I don't know what I would have done?   But good for you for trying to scare them off.

What's the saying "Birds gotta eat?"

Yeah, pace, it was hot.. . just got back from the pool and now I'm toasted.  Smile   How are you feeling?

Kind of on the flip side of the bird / bunny discussion -- we had a nest of robin chicks in a bush near our front steps.  Let's just say it didn't end well for the chicks -- we're thinking one of the neighborhood cats got curious.  We felt kind of bad about that.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

I guess hawks do clean up the roads we run on.

I'm having a bit of tough time listening to coach and not doing my own thing. (I can publish that because he knows it.) . There is a 2.4 mile race on Monday I want to run it badly. Coach was 'sort of against it. He wanted me to run 1:45 (easy) on Sunday, but not if I'm running the race, and worried if I run 1:30 on Wednesday, and 2:30 (hard) on Saturday. We discussed moving the 2:30 to Tuesday or Wednesday but I don't want to do that, better to keep long runs on weekend. So I'm a bit frustrated, everybody else seems to be running hard runs, and racing well too. But I guess I made a decesion to listen to him for six months, and see what happens. I really do want to run that long run (with garmin) and come back and post a good fast long run.

Bugs

Dave

I guess hawks do clean up the roads we run on.

I'm having a bit of tough time listening to coach and not doing my own thing. (I can publish that because he knows it.) . There is a 2.4 mile race on Monday I want to run it badly. Coach was 'sort of against it. He wanted me to run 1:45 (easy) on Sunday, but not if I'm running the race, and worried if I run 1:30 on Wednesday, and 2:30 (hard) on Saturday. We discussed moving the 2:30 to Tuesday or Wednesday but I don't want to do that, better to keep long runs on weekend. So I'm a bit frustrated, everybody else seems to be running hard runs, and racing well too. But I guess I made a decesion to listen to him for six months, and see what happens. I really do want to run that long run (with garmin) and come back and post a good fast long run.

Sounds like someone wants to pull up the roots and check the plant.  See it through, Bugs.  You can always try your own thing after your goal race.  

Strange thing about marathons.  You can always run another one and running them makes you stronger.  Just ask JF. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

For those of us not on Facebook... I sure hope results get posted here!

FB is not a time sucker like this place. Just sign-up, if it's just too see people's race results & photos. Look the stuff you're missing out on:

Bugs

FB is not a time sucker like this place. Just sign-up, if it's just too see people's race results & photos. Look the stuff you're missing out on:

She's right, you know 

Dave

You can also just ignore people on Facebook.  Bugs ignores me all the time  

She's right, you know 

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Sounds like someone wants to pull up the roots and check the plant.  See it through, Bugs.  You can always try your own thing after your goal race.  

Strange thing about marathons.  You can always run another one and running them makes you stronger.  Just ask JF. 

I emailed him and wrote this: I was running today and legs felt so strong..and that inner voice said, "Hey maybe you should just listen to Nobby, maybe he knows more than you and you should just listen to him."  I'm trying to talk my eight year old into running it, and I will bandit it.

I missed how did Inertia do??

Bugs

Dave

I missed how did Inertia do??

He hasn't said but from a little searching it looks like he did very well and may have even negative split the race (huge extra cool points).

I'll let him post his time.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

3:42:35 official result

I need to shower and decompress. I'll post more later. Might not be tonight; I'm more than a little wrecked.

3:42:35 official result

Wow!  Is that really a 50 minute PR?  Regardless, congratulations on a great result!

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Yea, it's a 50ish min PR.

I need to check my Garmin, but I think I had four PRs today

HM

HM again (negative split)

10k (pretty sure - need to check - haven't raced one in a while)

Marathon

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Revised: 3:44:05 official

Bugs

Inerita THAT's AWESOME.

Wow, four really good marathons from Team Blister in a row, and Bugs is up next. For the love of the team I am not breaking this streak.

I think I know why I got injured. I can admit it now. I got achilles tendonities, shin splints, strained calf, PF, and strained quad all right before Fargo. I did not drop my foot down enough on the hill springing. At least one session was more like hill bounding and Nobby had said not to do that, you will get hurt. I didn't really try..I just was bouncy that day. I switched shoes this training, and I need to go back to wearing stabilty shoes some of my training runs.

Bugs