Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/12 (Read 295 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

nice job WRFB - you are speedy!!!

Dave

Tempo run this morning: 5 mi Pace(HR): 7:22(167). Splits: 7:25(161), 7:25(168), 7:22(167),7:20(170), 7:18(170). Overall: 10.1 mi, 1:19:52, 7:53/mi, AHR 160
      Awesome tempo run, Lou. Those are some great splits. Do you have any rules of thumb on HR and marathon pace? Tri-Kev generally tries to stay under 150 for the first half of his marathons (similar age and max HR I think). I've been able to sustain something higher than that so I'm trying to use HR to help me confirm my MP. I'll go out for an easy 4 or so later today. My quads are still sore from the 10 miler. Good sore though. Joints are fine.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I'll go out for an easy 4 or so later today. My quads are still sore from the 10 miler. Good sore though. Joints are fine.
        i've got 3 on tap for today - was hoping for 4 but need to take the puppy to the vet.
          Awesome tempo run, Lou. Those are some great splits. Do you have any rules of thumb on HR and marathon pace?
          Thanks, guys. I think my HR for MP is about 155-160. It definitely gets higher than that near the end. If I think about it when I'm home I'll send you a nice graph from my last race. I don't pay much attention to HR during any race, because it's too distracting. I think race HR tends to be elevated from adrenalin and excitement (are they the same?), so I don't want to look down at the HRM and decide to slow down when it's not necessary.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm strapping on the HR tomorrow for my speed workout. We'll see how that goes.
              ok....... My wife is pregnant Big grin If I cant tell my internet friends, who can I tell? Just no mentions on facebook please, dont want this leaking out to our friends who dont know yet. Although my sister's status says she's going to be an Aunt Smile We havent been to the doc yet...but she definately is. 4 tests dont lie. Not sure how far along, Guessing maybe 8 weeks. So we are on pins and needles for doc appointment to confirm that all is good. We've been married for going on 15 years, trying for about half that (or doing nothing to prevent it from happening). We are soooo excited. If you pray, say one for us.

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is soooo exciting!!!!! I promise mum's the word - not my secret to tell!!! wait, but why does it cut out races? especially one you already paid money for? (please forgive me if it seems pushy - I just don't know as I've never been in that situation)
                Kimmie

Congrats Murphy!
                    Congratulations, murphy!
                    wait, but why does it cut out races? especially one you already paid money for? (please forgive me if it seems pushy - I just don't know as I've never been in that situation)
                    I'm glad Shan asked this because I was wondering this myself.

Shan, We have a ton to do to get the house ready. And a ton of $ to spend doing it. Even though the entry fee is paid, there is the cost involved to get down there, etc. And I would really need to use a vacation day for that trip unless I did something crazy like drove straight through on Friday night/Sat morning, and drove back after the race. Would really like to save the time now for after the baby and around the holidays to spend time with family, since they are spread around. As much as I look forward to Vegas every year, this is way cooler. My priorities changed overnight, literally--and I am very thankful for it. Running-wise--there are great marathons that dont require travel. So, I'll still get in my fix.

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - this is a very very cool thing. You will be missed, but I totally understand priorities changing. and it's a good thing you already made it to MM status! Tongue
                          More out of curiosity than anything, why was the thread "Our New Addition!" censored? I overlook some trees and a lake from my office. There were some (I think) red-tailed hawks who made a nest at one of the trees a while ago. Well they had moved the nest away from where I could see them, but now they're back. I took some pics a while ago before they moved http://www.pbase.com/lking/birds but I think I'll bring my camera back to see if I can get some better ones.

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - i'll explain later. Red-tailed hawk's are very cool. They are all over the area as they have nests at the university in town.

Dave

Please explain it to me too. I can read it and I have no idea. 4.4 today on weary legs. Very strange running through the national mall today. Decidely less scenic with 5000 portapotties there for the inauguration. Ironically, I needed one and they were all locked up until the big day. Congrats, Murphy!! That is huge news.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - thank you for leaving my secrets to me and not answering questions I'm carefully avoiding. Big grin