Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/13 - 7 days of Boston Taper Madness (Read 344 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Anyone else see the shiny new RA facebook app? It's very cool looking. For a one man show, Eric is a coding machine!
    theyapper

On the road again...

Where would we see it? here? At FB?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

What is the RA app a way to log your log entries on FB? Normally I don't like installing facebook apps for security reasons, but I do trust Eric. Kimmie - if the wbz doesn't work runtowin says there's coverage at Universal sports on Monday http://news.runtowin.com/2009/04/18/universal-sports-will-provide-live-coverage-of-the-boston-marathon.html I ran 5 easy today, with 6x20 sec striders. 5.1 miles, 43:57, 8:42/mi, AHR 147 (75% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

What is the RA app a way to log your log entries on FB? Normally I don't like installing facebook apps for security reasons, but I do trust Eric. Kimmie - if the wbz doesn't work runtowin says there's coverage at Universal sports on Monday http://news.runtowin.com/2009/04/18/universal-sports-will-provide-live-coverage-of-the-boston-marathon.html I ran 5 easy today, with 6x20 sec striders. 5.1 miles, 43:57, 8:42/mi, AHR 147 (75% MHR)
          you guys can find it under the tool section. Eric Rocks! Thanks for the link! Nice run

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

It may only be there for some users. I can't find it. Very strange.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

It may only be there for some users. I can't find it. Very strange.
              Let me see if I can invite you. never mind it just sends invites to RA

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

hey all. Havent gotten back out yet. Nervous about aggravating my back. Some days its good other days stiff. Im going to look at about 30 miles next week, with a 13 miler on the weekend. and just a few 3-4 milers marathon week. I'll catch up..good luck to all those running this weekend.
                theyapper

On the road again...

I don't see anything about facebook under the resources/tools section, either. Are you a beta tester for RA by any chance? Well, it's about time to hit the road for a long Saturday run. Of course, after all the soccer games this morning, I'm just beat. Got to suck it up, though.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hail to The Victors!

I don't see anything about facebook under the resources/tools section, either. Are you a beta tester for RA by any chance? Well, it's about time to hit the road for a long Saturday run. Of course, after all the soccer games this morning, I'm just beat. Got to suck it up, though.
                    Sent invites to Dave and Lou. I'm pretty sure I've never seen you on FB, Paul, otherwise I'd invite you too: Here's the link to the app page, so no one else has to wait for me or Pam to invite you: http://www.facebook.com/friends/?ref=tn#/apps/application.php?id=2382909559&ref=mf Does that work?

Happy Camper

Worked for me.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Got about 10mi in today around a 5K race and some easy stuff later on -- beautiful day, temp rising from 55 to low 70s, lovely sunshine. Even got a bit of swimming in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Bugs

Murphy, Glad to hear you're back running. Sorry it's not all better yet. Jeremy, Thanks for the link; would never have found it otherwise. Eric is amazing. I have the skills to do what he is doing but not the drive. Work is a big enough PITA, I don't need it as a hobby. Very good 3 hour run for me. I was tired at the 1:40 mark but by 2:05 ready to go. At 2:20 I'm flying fast, guessing about an 8min pace starting THERE and lovin every minute of it when I run into lots and lots of old people in my way doing a charity walk and walking the other direction in my path. I'm probably going to hell with Cash because I did not slow down, and weaved and swerved, hit the grass when necessary because I knew I was at the end of a great run and didn't want to break the rhythm. Not really sure how far I ran at least 19 miles, maybe 20. Does it matter? I don't think so. I'm super lazy about changing the music on my MP3 player, but I decided I need a fresh start with running and new music would help. Some new songs I loved this run; I Run To You by Lady Antebellum {{{LOVE IT}} Second Chance by Shinedown Sex on Fire by Matt Nathanson How'd Shan do???

Bugs

Dave

Facebook status said DNF. Hope she's not injured but it sounds like she might be. Crap. 5.5 for me. Once again back to silly pace but I didn't have a whole lot of time. I logged it as tempo. Looking for 14 tomorrow for 40 for the week. With the Boston taper, that might not be too bad.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, Are you still targeting a marathon in May? Shan, Hope you're OK. Read something about an ankle? You just heal, and get better by Fargo. I was hoping we could run some of that together but you might be too fast for me.

Bugs

Kimmie

Wow- Great run , Bugs. Hope Shan's Ok. didn't run yesterday- got too busy- today's not looking good either...Tongue Been gone most of the day doing soccer and swim team stuff... I guess I could go run after putting kids to bed.