Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/27 (Read 336 times)

Kimmie

I agree with everyone, Pam, hay's in the barn.... and I know very few people who seem to have the energy that you do, so if you're feeling tired... I would go with it. Ok, those of you that are my friends on FB- which should be everybody here- if not, let me know- I stole some pictures of the relay from my teammate and put them on my profile. I have no idea how to cross post them here, if that's even possible. totally cool weekend, wish I had taken more pictures myself.
      I agree with everyone too and I knew it before I posted. Part of me still thinks I'm super woman Roll eyes I don't do well in the heat, not sure how I made it through 50 miles in teh 90+ (over 100 with heat index during the day) last summer. ALMOST t signed up for it again however I managed to resist. Go figure I'm signed up for a 100k at the end of May. Somehow I thought we would still be in the 60's 70's at highest *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

evanflein

Kimmie, I'm not on FB, and don't really want to be... so if you can figure out how to post them here that'd be great!
          Lou - more details on the Johnstown marathon please - or at least the date for that weekend!
          The web site http://www.johnstownpaymca.org/events/events_marathon.shtml says 1st Sunday in October, which would be 10/4 -- that's the date we're assuming / hoping. I found it at marathonguide.com here: http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1172021006 Kimmie - go to the large version of the picture. Click on the image. That image will come up in a different page. Right click on the image, select copy image URL (or whatever your browser requires to get the URL of the link). Paste in an RA posting. Select the whole URL in the posting and click the image button. Let's see if that works.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Thanks Lou!!! this is our Team- Van 1 before we headed out.
            Kimmie

I was in the bathroom when our first runner came through to our transition area! I felt so bad that we lost, like 2 minutes or something... I had so much adrenaline that I just took off!
              theyapper

On the road again...

TY - you weren't even close. I'd almost finished my run by 5:45 Tongue
                Me out the door at 5:45 am is as close as I'm gonna get. Big grin This morning's run put me over 100 niles this month again - 3rd month in a row - and tomorrow's run will push me past the 1,000 mile mark. That's the same as 38 marathons, which is the number Shan is on pace for in '09. Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

This was the only time that I ran in daylight.... my first leg.... but the background was pretty much like that the whole race.
                  Cashmason

Kimmie, what a pretty place to run. Too bad so much was in the dark.
                    evanflein

Very pastoral! Nice place to run... but it's sort of a bummer to have so much of it be on the roads all the time. Makes me want to do another relay!

Bugs

Hey, Bugs - Harriet and I are going to be in Minneapolis this weekend. I set up something with Candice and Ben for Sunday morning (7ish). I realized after I started the back and forth with Candice that you're in the area, sort of -- looks like you're 1.5 hours away though. But are you interested in meeting us and running 6 miles or so? (Full disclosure -- Harriet probably won't run with us as she wants to get as much family time as she can)
                        Lou I would love that but I don't think it will work. You guys are way faster than me, and I've got easy on the schedule, and I'm already wearing the scarlet letter "R" (runner) who has forever set back her son's Taekwondoe advancement back four months. That's a pretty area.

Bugs

Dave

Here were the RA'ers from this weekend in Toledo Phil Mishka, Rick Velich, me, and Jeremy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave

And me at mile 20. Check out that pronation on my left foot Shocked

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Lou I would love that but I don't think it will work.
                              Yeah I kinda figured after the discussion about your race on Saturday. Try not to feel bad about that -- you didn't know it would have that effect. It would have been fun to run together, though.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

We're opening our ows (open water swim) season here this Fri evening, but today after work I rang up our ows coordinator, and said hey, you wanna go test the water? She was about to eat at that point, so she paddled and I swam. Water temp was 68. It felt cold going in (my first ows this year), but as soon as I started swimming, it didn't feel cold at all. It felt much more comfortable than I expected, which is great news for our opening ows this Friday I think. (She & I are pretty much the core ows team) Also, there was black smoke billowing from across the river -- we could just make out flames. Turned out a ship and a pier were on fire -- a guy came in later on a boat and said he saw one of the fireboats over there working it. Felt great on the way out, but it was a good suggestion of hers to turn around at the osprey nest for a short swim, because I was tired on the way back, and felt beat afterward. re: downhill running I've never mastered this -- I try to lean forward to avoid fighting the downhill, but I still feel I'm fighting forward motion some, which has to be a waste of energy. PS: I like all the great photos

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.