Marathon Trainers

Christmas week (Read 258 times)

Cashmason

Shan look at the video link i posted above for how to use the foam roller. When you find a sore spot, stop rolling for 30 seconds and just lay on the sore spot.

Bugs

You know I will. And if you keep that up, I'll post yours in bold or pink letters or something. Did you see Santa up there?
      Just don't use the crayola markers on your screen again. Santa doesn't visit bad girls. Bugs might have found a TM for tomorrow. 6 miles on sludge and ice. 11:00 min pace at times. Next week I'm going to be a running calorie counting machine.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan look at the video link i posted above for how to use the foam roller. When you find a sore spot, stop rolling for 30 seconds and just lay on the sore spot.
        will do!
        evanflein

Dealing with the same crappy footing that Bugs has, but my temps are a little warmer... for now! The forecast for this weekend is -35 or so. Yuk. Might do some sort of a long run tomorrow instead of Sunday to beat the cold snap. Hope everyone had a good Christmas, sounds like it so far. We had a nice quiet time, glad my boys are older and we actually had to wake them up to open presents!! Then had dinner at my brother's house and that was fun. Actually got to bed pretty early (for me) last night. Got a new headlight, the Princeton Tec Apex that puts my Petzl to shame! Can't wait to try it... well, ok I can wait cuz I did my run outside in daylight today. But soon, I'll take it out for a spin. Also, new RoadID stuff, the wrist band and lots of reflective stuff. Also got a 10 lb medicine ball but I'm taking it back for the 8 lb ball. DH thought we could handle the 10 lb, but for the sort of things you do with the medicine ball I think the 8 is much better. 10 lbs puts too much strain on elbows and shoulders, IMO. Congratulations on the puppy, Shan!

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - sounds like such a nice christmas! glad you had a nice time!

Dave

Santa doesn't visit bad girls.
              Wasn't that a movie title? Uhh... Blush Nevermind. Glad everyone had a nice holiday. I took the day off yesterday as my throat was starting to get scratchy and I figured I better rest up (since I've been smooching a strep throat girl and shared a hot dog with the other one). Went to bed early and felt better so I'm out the door now for 6 or so. Thought I'd hit 40 this week but now I won't. Oh well. it's been a good week.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

aahhh that 12 felt good.

Dave

That is fantastic Shan. My run didn't feel quite as good as that but I'm glad I got there.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

That is fantastic Shan. My run didn't feel quite as good as that but I'm glad I got there.
                    glad you did too!
                    Kimmie

just got back from 21 miles- took 3:30 or so... stopped to stretch three times. No issues with the ITB. that's good. Dave and Shan, I think I will run the AI Lewis 10 miler this Saturday in Kensington, MD. about a 35 minute drive.

Dave

Awesome job, Kimmie (holy smokes, 21 miles Shocked ). You picked a good day for it. It was great out. I'm not really sure how to log my run. It was sort of a smorgasbord of pain. 2 mile warm up, then 3 mile repeats at progressively faster paces with a couple of minutes of recovery in between (7:48, 7:28, 6:54), tough recovery up a good hill after that one and just sort of zombie running home from there for a total just over 10. 8:20 average pace. Ugh. That's a paste run isn't it? Next weekend? Hmm...

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

yes, Dave, that is paste - now that you've tasted it please put down the Popsicle stick and walk away. Kimmie - awesome job!!!
                          evanflein

I guess I still don't get the paste run thing. Sounds like a good hard workout.... -23 so far today. Trying to figure out what to do....

Happy Camper

Nice work Kimmie & Dave! Shan, what will you do for today? Today's run featured a mix of experiences. 64°F and wind as I left the house, light sprinkles around the 5-mile mark; as I was climbing the 460' hill FIL pulls up and says there is a tornado warning for our county and he will follow me back, by the hills end it started to rain, around the 7.5 mile mark it was raining sideways and I finished the loop to sprinkles and 50°F. We are going to delay our return home until tomorrow to let the weather pass. It is stormy and will ice in Central Missouri where we live. Hope to get one more park run in tomorrow before the trip back.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

I guess I still don't get the paste run thing. Sounds like a good hard workout....
                                going hard when that wasn't the purpose of the workout is paste. So like I have a bad day at work and my EZ miles turns into mega angry speed running - I pasted. I P2R - what do you mean what will I do for today? And nice running!!!