Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - it'll get better. Just give your body a chance to adjust. Big grin Erika - good luck at the podiatrist. Just remember the stationary bike is burning way more than sitting on your butt watching tv eating ice cream! MTA: BUGS!! YEAH FOR 1 WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugs

Thanks for all the advice Shan. How many days are you streaking now? To be honest, don't know how motivated I'll be at this.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Streaking sucks..
        Are you talking about running many days consecutively or are you talking about sprinting through a crowded area naked?

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks for all the advice Shan. How many days are you streaking now? To be honest, don't know how motivated I'll be at this.
          Today is day 16 my longest is 60 days. It takes a good 2 weeks for this to become a habit for me... So I would say give it another week and if you aren't feelin then abandon it, but give it a good 2 weeks to get useto doing it. Not only is your body adjusting but so is your schedule. So give it a good 14 days then decide.

Dave

Are you talking about running many days consecutively or are you talking about sprinting through a crowded area naked?
            I think it's both actually. Why do you think Shan is only going for one mile? Keeps her from being arrested Wink 3 miles on the treadmill today (with shorts on). Last mile close to MP. Legs improving. Taper continues.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

BUgs - you are running a marathon in a week???
                Bugs has a 5k dressed as the Green Lantern coming up. No marathon on the calendar that she posted. I think my house is probably a bigger disaster area than anyones in this group--and I have no kids. Gotta get a short run in tonight and make the downstairs clean enough to the point that if someone comes to the door, I'd open it Wink I actually looked on marathonguide.com for a marathon in the area between now and Vegas. Thankfully I found none. I think my race strategy for Vegas will be similar than with Columbus. But, I will probably run a faster pace in between the walking. With good training, I think I'll be able to maintain throughout the race, or at the very least--maintain up to the same point as I did in Columbus--but having run a faster pace--still sneak in under 5 hours if I do crash.

Dave

I actually looked on marathonguide.com for a marathon in the area between now and Vegas. Thankfully I found none. I think my race strategy for Vegas will be similar than with Columbus. But, I will probably run a faster pace in between the walking.
                  Murphy, take a deep breath or two and step away from the keyboard. OK. Now take a deep breath. Did the urge to run another marathon go away? Damn, you're nutz. Wink Check out the marathon race report by BadDawg. 3:30something and he took 1 minute walk breaks every mile starting at the first mile.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - i'm still thinking about the Monkey... at least you have a track record to think crazy marathoning thoughts! MTA: the post she wrote said MAY not MONDAY! A very clear mix-up Blush
                    Kimmie

Bugs, I can't wait to see the costume you come up with. Copied Dave and ran 3.3 miles - supposed to be easy but went out a little fast... tried to find the marathon pace- I suck at pacing... that's why the 4 hour pacer on Sunday will become my BFF. He/she will have me glued to their side. two friends are running MCM with me but I'm thinking they will be faster than me. The real trick will be to stay glued to my pace and let them go ahead. I am determined to negative split this race. Murphy, hang in there with the housework. My house is a disaster area too. I have WAY too much going on. My first meeting as a Brownie troop leader is today. Smile And I may have to try this streaking thing..... Smile Taper continues.. now if I can keep from hauling the vacuum cleaner around the house or doing squats with my clients, I'll be good.

Bugs

Bugs has a 5k dressed as the Green Lantern coming up. No marathon on the calendar that she posted.
                        Well, there is one about 100 miles from here on Sunday. Big grin Superheros can run a 5K one day then turn around and run 26.2 right?

Bugs

evanflein

I think my house is probably a bigger disaster area than anyones in this group--and I have no kids. Gotta get a short run in tonight and make the downstairs clean enough to the point that if someone comes to the door, I'd open it Wink
                          Oh man, we could have a challenge going on this one! I should take pictures... nah, maybe not. Same reason I won't let anyone over 16 into my house (I don't care about the boys' friends...). If my mom came over unannounced I'd go and hide... Dr. appt this afternoon... less than 4 hours away! Not sure why I'm so antsy about this...

Oh Mighty Wing

Dr. appt this afternoon... less than 4 hours away! Not sure why I'm so antsy about this...
                            you will be ok!!
                              Only time its reasonably clean is when in-laws come in. I should make good progress tonight. Just going out to dinner then home..none of this 2nd business stuff kinda work tonight. And Im taking the night off from running..may do some cross training on the eliptical or the wii fit thingy thats been gathering dust. Bugs--a superhero would probably just fly. Or run mutliple marathons the same day.

Bugs

Bugs--a superhero would probably just fly. Or run mutliple marathons the same day.
                                Well I am NOT YOU so guess I'll have to find a new costume. You're really a nut, but I admire that. ERIKA, I REALLY hope your foot is fine. Good to get it over with.

Bugs