Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/17 (Read 381 times)

Dave

And Dave you know I was just playing with you right?? because my mileage will probably never beat yours again and I only managed that cause you are hurt... i was just giving you some snark...
    Absolutely. It never even crossed my mind that you weren't joking. Truth is, I'd love for you to beat my mileage. Safely. And I ran 4 miles today because I'll be damned if I'll let a little girl beat me.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

hahahaha good as long as you knew i was joking! haha... well sort of... One say I will safely be a contender... hopefully by February... And dangit now I am losing by 1 mile!!

Dave

And I'd like to apologize to the other women in our group for the obviously snarky and sexist comment in my post above. I didn't really mean it. Blush

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

And I'd like to apologize to the other women in our group for the obviously snarky and sexist comment in my post above. I didn't really mean it. Blush
          haha i'm sure they assumed that you meant someone younger than you... or something! Smile

Happy Camper

10 & change this morning followed by some core work. I felt fresh after a weekend of sitting in the woods. Was it ever cold in that tree. Felt I was dressed for a moonwalk rather than a hunting trip. Back at it this weekend so the running must happen through the week. Toyed with the idea of doing a double today but now that it's dark and supper is on the stove simmering I don't see it happening. DS2 is asking to go to the basketball game tonight at his school. He has never shown any interest before so I suspect a prospective young lady is involved. Big grin Brian: Sorry for the trouble last weekend. I was thinking a cartilage tear in the rib cage butI think it would hurt all the time. DD did that in school by just doing a normal sleepy stretch with her arms. It hurt her all the time and the Doc said it just happens and it would heal. Is there any tenderness along the ribs? Sounds like it is a new kind of side stitch maybe? Bugs: Requested permission for the spreadsheet. Time to head the kiddo to the game.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Brian, Did you have a side stitch? Sounds like you had more than this, but if you did the best thing to do is to bend into the side that is hurting. Most people think they should stretch the other way but it is actually you want to GO INTO the cramp.
              Na, wasn't ever a stitch. I usually only get those when I run too close to eating. This was in the back and seemed to cover more area, if that makes sense. Stitches always seem to be in a small area, and more specific pain. This was in the back of the ribs and really siezed up when I breathed deep. Oh well, it's done. Good news, I don't really have anything to recover from. Cold's a bit better today so I might try and get out for a run Wednesday, should help the spirits. It will also help now that everyone at work knows the story. Loved repeating that one 20 times. Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, it really helped. Murphy - I know people who don't mind 20 milers 2 weeks out, but it depends on how well you recover from those sorts of runs, and assuming you keep it easy. You know the saying, better undertrained a bit and healthy than injured at the starting line.

Bugs

P2R, Access granted. You can remove your gmail email from your post so you don't get a bunch of spam. How was hunting? Deer hunting, right? DH didn't get a deer. He had only license to shoot buck. He sits in our back yard, wood lot, and I watch from inside. There was many doe, no buck. I kind of feel bad for bambi, but would rather have a happy husband. Brian, I have not a clue what that was. I think you just count yourself lucky that if it was a one time deal and not a new injury coming up. Murphy, You got LOTS of endurance from those prior marathons. Your schedule was really only a one week taper. I'd concentrate on getting one good faster long run in, and nothing but easy runs after that. Nobby would tell you a LR of 3 hours, and after that no run over 60 minutes, most more like 30-40 minutes. I had a good workout tonight. 35 minutes of stair running. How many miles would you guess that to be? I went with 3.5. Then a four mile run tonight, that was OK. Something I ate was pist.

Bugs

Bugs

LOL, oh if I wasn't under the weather it'd be a good week to race you.

Bugs

Happy Camper

Bugs: Same for me. 6 Does, no bucks. I didn't take one because DS2 will take either as he has never had a kill before and we don't need two in the freezer. 22°F this morning. Time to break out the Spandex. Surprised

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

First time running early in a little while... it was 25 degrees... oh so cold- I think it makes me go faster... and I always freak out the first time I run in the cold weather for the season and then by Jan. it's no big deal. I didn't have my watch with me but I think it was 6 miles and some killer hills in there. Ran with a good friend of mine who always pushes me. I was so cold at first I felt like we were booking.... And we just decided that we're going to Florida next week- 15 hours in the car- yea! But it will be great to see family. so I won't run the 5K that I had planned to do here, but will run a 4 miler with a friend down there on thanksgiving Day. Racing in 70 degrees and possible humid- vs. racing in 30s here- probably won't be a good indicator of my fitness, but fun nonetheless. Come on Dave- you gots to get better so I can race you too! Smile

Bugs

Come on Dave- you gots to get better so I can race you too! Smile
                        Better at racing? Big grin

Bugs

Bugs

OK, no one responded to my ramble.... 35 minutes of stair running @ 2 steps at a time = ???? how many miles

Bugs

Modifying my plan. Gonna get my 18 in tomorrow. May start outside then move it to the indoor track. The trail is right outside the Y. Cut back to 5 yesterday. Will go to 6 tonight if I can keep my pace down. I always run too fast on the indoor track. I always slide into the flow of other runners. For the first time in since probably February, my weight dropped under 190. That was my goal for the marathon on Dec 7. Now Im thinking 185 is a good goal, and would be approximately my weight when I ran my PR in Vegas 2 years ago. Finally getting in the habit of better eating. DW is starting weight watchers so that helps.
                              OK, no one responded to my ramble.... 35 minutes of stair running @ 2 steps at a time = ???? how many miles
                              Hmmm, did it feel like 10 minute miles? 9 minute miles? I'd probably toss 3.5 miles on it, or cross training. Not sure. I've thought about doing that this winter since I work in a building that's 50+ stories. How was it? Was it a Nobby suggestion (I know how he loves hills), or did you just have a crazy idea?

Dave

What Brian said. I might go as high as 4 miles since its probably that much effort. I would only try and count that as running if I were trying to beat Shan that week though. Otherwise, its crosstraining. Speaking of crosstraining, I should probably do some today. I ran 3 days in a row and that's probably about all I'm good for at the moment.

dgb2n@yahoo.com