Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/10 (Read 242 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - glad you are checking in. Glad you are still following dr's orders. I know it's hard especially when you are hoping to see huge gains and aren't. But, I'm hoping you will and that this time off will help! Way to do great cross-training!!! JHall' - yikes! Does that means it coming this way?? It was 64 and raining here today. A nice change of pace but looks like it will be fading away rapidly. Running in crazy weather always makes me feel like a bad ass! I hope you felt that way too!!!! Kimmie - glad you got out there! Murphy - glad you are feeling better!
    Cashmason

101 degrees today. 35 mph hot winds. Fires all around So. Cal. All major freeways closed due to fires. None closer than 15 miles away, so we are safe. Sky is full of soot and it looked like dusk at 2 pm since the smoke blacked out the sun. 6500 acres burned, 500 homes burned or partially burned 1400 firefighters in action. 4 fire fighters hospitalized so far. One of the worst fires in memory. Not one fire, but many all over the place. Strong Hot winds forecasted the next 48 hours at least.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - my thoughts go out to you! I know you were safe when you posted and I hope you continue to be safe!!

Oh Mighty Wing

so do we know how it went???? I stalked the marathon page - nada! 7 for me today.

Dave

Yeah, lets get a checkin from Brian. Shan, that is awesome. Really cool to see you logging those kind of miles again. Had I known you were going 7 I would've gone a bit further Wink 6.5 for me. Nice and easy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Had I known you were going 7 I would've gone a bit further Wink
              it's ok! there's still plenty of time to beat me!
                Good news - dad finished in about 5:09 Bad news - I dropped at 14.7 miles. Had cramps in my ribs from the first 100 yards, and it was just too much finally. Talked to a guy at the med tent, and he said it was probably some muscle in there. Was in the back of the ribs, kinda odd spot, never felt it before. My HR was 20 beats hight from the beginning, so something was off. Had a cold this week, but felt decent. I'll write more when I've had some time to reflect. Selfishly, I'm a bit bummed, but pumped for dad. Mom and I drove around and I ran/walked with him through some tough spots. Never quit a race before, doesn't feel good. Sorry, enough of that, catch you all later.

Oh Mighty Wing

Brian - Congrats to you dad. Sorry you had to DNF I bet that doesn't feel good but you did what you had to do. And at least it wasn't a goal race for you.
                  Cashmason

Great job Shan ! Brian, there is cartilage in between the ribs. If you move funny, you can pull it and it can hurt quite a bit. Sorry about the Dnf, but it was probably the right decision. Congrats to your dad.

Dave

Brian, congrats to your Dad from me as well. Injuries in your ribs are SO painful. Sounds like you really did the right thing by saving it for a better day and helping him finish. Shan, 22 miles this week. Only 1 run under 2 miles. 40 day streak and counting. Hmmmm....

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks guys!! Dave - hmmm what sir?? your kind of impressed aren't you?? PS Notice that I ran 1 more mile this week than last but I shaved an hour off of my time spent running... pretty freakin COOL!

Bugs

Cash, Wow that's hot. Heard one of Oprah's houses is in danger, you live by her? (We know you're rich, but that RICH??) Shan, Great job! Brian, So sorry about the cramps. Was a busy day and this is my first check in just sort of shocked that you had to DNF. Smart move, out of your control. Hope you're feeling better. Good job to your Dad. I'm still on the sick side, DH has been really sick, so its not just me. Trying to drink lots of water and not push running till I'm strong again, but seems like I've been sick forever. Our 12th anniversary today, we had dinner at my Aunt and Uncles who share the same anniversary - 45 years. One man for 45 years, guess I'll be too old to care at that point. Smile Kind of sucked for diet, but out of my control.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you just get healthy! And CONGRATS to you and DH!!
                            Cashmason

For Erika, Aesthetic Medicine News reported: Doctors are using Botox injections to cure high-heel wearers of a condition known as “stilettotarsal,” or pain in the soft tissue of the ball of the foot. Caused by years of tottering around on high heels, many women are forced to forgo wearing their favorite Manolo Blahniks and opt for flats instead. The Botox is injected into the metatarsal region and plumps up the ball of the foot, protecting the nerves and soft tissue.

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah well high heels make my calves look sexy! and Beauty is pain or something like that!! Actually I just saw the other day these gel pads you put in your heels where the ball of your feet go to give a little more cushion.