Marathon Trainers

Bring on the New Year - Week of 1/3/2010 (Read 211 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Got out early for a nice 2 hour run.  Was surprised how good it felt since the pace for the run was identical to my HM PR pace.  Of course, that was 2 years ago. Roll eyes

Possibly have 3 inches of snow headed our way starting tomorrow night.  Could make the Monday and Tuesday runs tricky.

MTA: GO KIMMIE!!!!!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

3 miles tonight throught the neigborhood. Felt really good. Could have/should have gone longer..but daughter still awake and dw was in the middle of making dinner so I didnt want to stay out too long. going to attempt to get out early tomorrow morning to get in a longer run. May do a double tomorrow. Looking to get in at least 9 miles.

GOOD LUCK KIMMIE

evanflein

NICE run, Paul! When's your next HM? That PR is going down!

I had a good run today. Sort of low energy, but steady for the most part. Had one pretty fast mile with some downhill in it, but most of it was slower from the snow and ice. Temps around 11-13°, sun went down about halfway through so I was running out of daylight by the time I finished. 10.5 miles at 8:34 avg pace. Almost identical pace average as Wednesday's run...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Directed our first trail race of the year this morning. We got light snow falling as we prepared to run, which made it pretty. I didn't think to bring a camera, but then I got lucky -- one runner brought a friend with a camera, and the friend kindly allowed us to copy all her photos, and so we wound up with some pretty photos of runners with snow falling.

And the snow didn't accumulate, so we didn't have any trouble driving away afterward, so extra bonus Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Way to go, Kimmie!! (I saw it on facebook Smile )

14 or so at recovery pace.  I had switched this and next week in the plan, where this week was "supposed to be" a cutback week.  Turns out I did need a cutback week so 14 was run instead of 17.  Still next week we're traveling so I'll run per plan. Some meaty miles are coming up after that. Can't hurt to recover a bit prior to that, I'd say.  

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Yay, she finished and not a bad time at all! (I checked on the Disney web site) Good time for a marathon on virtually no training! Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job, Kim.  I know you enjoyed "enjoying" the marathon.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Happy Camper

Nice work Kimmie! Smile

20-miles this morning.  Went a little better than last weekend but still finished with two slow miles.  Pace average was within McMillan's target range for a 4-hr marathon long-run pace so I'll not fuss too much.  I'll just be happier when each mile for  20-miles is within the guideline. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I saw on facebook that Pam got hit by a car, but she says she is ok (other than feeling like she got hit by a car).  She was in the crosswalk, running with the green (the walk light was on).  Sheesh.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Wow, I'm off in a minute to check on her. Glad she's ok, but how scary. I'm happy with my race. I was hoping slowing down would be the key to avoiding a crash and burn and I think it was. I really liked this race! I'll write a full race report soon, but I wanted to pop in and say thanks for the support. I thought I would have a full on death march, but I didn't. No walking, even, except through water stops. And while 4:30 is a slow time for me, I have really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm done with marathons for awhile or maybe I'll train for the next one.

Saw Pam's post too..scary stuff. Glad she's ok.

great job Kimmie. Id take that time any day..trained or not.

Couldnt get myself up early with the single digit temps, and Ava was up throughout the night. Finished 3 miles. Feel good about running (or spinning) every day this week. Would have liked to log more miles..but I feel good about my initial progress, Have a couple weeks before my schedule really ramps up.