Marathon Trainers

Week of 2/14/2011 (Read 197 times)

He lays me on the side and and puts me in different positions with my legs and rotating my back. I didnt feel too bad when I went in yesterday, but I definitely felt better leaving than going in. Today I probably did all the wrong things and I am hurting pretty bad now--I had to work in the factory-when we are busy they take colunteers from the office to help out--and did the lightest work they could find for me but I was on my feet for most of the day. Im really interested in how much better it can feel going into today.

theyapper

On the road again...

Murph - hang in there.  Sorry you're hurting.

Pam - I missed all that, too.  Glad you're okay.

Dutchie - the good news is you can still run a marathon???  Shocked

Took yesterday off - 4.25 progression run today.  68F felt great!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I was pretty happy with this: 

12.2 miles, 1:42:02, 8:23/mi, AHR 148 (72% MHR)

5@9:06(135), 2@8:35(142), 5.16@7:37(162)

all splits:

1 - 9:07(129)

2 - 8:56(135)

3 - 9:11(130)

4 - 9:11(137)

5 - 9:06(137)

6 - 8:39(140)

7 - 8:32(145)

8 - 7:50(150)

9 - 7:47(159)

10 - 7:43(166)

11 - 7:35(166)

12 - 7:23(167)

13 - 1:02(168) [0.16=6:23]

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice run, Lou.  I got in 6.25 this morning.  Last 2 runs I've felt like I was getting a nice groove back.  First part of the week felt forced, but my unplanned day off on Wed seems to have done the trick.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Great progression run!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Got in 1:50:00 for my long run today - a little under 11.5.  Did 11 cycles of 9 minutes running followed by 1 minute walking.  Not sure how much I enjoyed that.

Paul

Kimmie

Nice running going on.... Hope your back is better, Murphy . Ran 6 miles in 60 mph winds. Fun times.

Bugs

Dropping in. Just getting over strep throat.

Work is really stressful. I need a new job. Gave my resume to RP and she whipped into the most amazing piece of work, filled with project descriptions I had forgotten I worked on. Guess she was listening during all the miles of babble about work. Isn't that funny?

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs,

You gave me your strep..... you are so generous with that.

Good luck on the job hunt, Bugs.  That was some serious case of strep, traveling 1500 miles to get to Cash.

5 easy this morning.  Yes, 60 mph winds -- fun.  Glad they'll subside for my long run tomorrow.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Raced on trails this morning. Hills wiped me out. But at least I didn't get blown over by the crazy wind; plenty of tree shelter around. Later on was jogging on the trails, and branches were falling around us - that was a bit freaky.

Bugs - that's pretty funny actually, about RP remembering stuff from running talks to fill in your resume - best of luck.

My dad did at least 1 sub-3 hour marathon in the late 80's when he was a runner, and my brother (7 years older than me) managed a 3:06. I'm always fascinated to look at other people's training and marathon times. I'd ask my dad what kind of speed work he was doing, but he's affected by the 'older I get, the better I was' disease, so I don't think he could remember accurately. I remember something about my brother puking in the gutter after his 3:06, but also know that he was found in his running clothes on the side of the road one day siezing, something the doctor couldn't diagnose, but what I assume was lack of electrolytes. (Next paragraph, RA won't let me press Enter) My husband bought me one of those running sticks last week, and so far I'm really liking it. If I do 8mi today, that will put me at my first 60 mi week, given that last week was my first 57 mile week, so I'm in unchartered territory. My legs are really at their upper limit, at least for now, but so far I'm feeling nothing more than general fatigue. A couple of martinis with dinner should do it. Good luck to all that are injured, we're all hoping for your speeding recoveries.

Nice miles you're putting on, gen!

Met my new RP after about 6 and ran 12 with her.  My legs were toast after Friday's progression run.

20.6 miles, 2:59:41, 8:42/mi, AHR 155 (75% MHR)

5@9:01(143), 10@8:37(156), 5.64@8:35(164)

Now I want Five Guys burgers.  (Leave a calorie, take a calorie)

you're so lucky finding another running partner.  I've had them on and off, and typically only run with my old group when I need to do some slooooow recovery miles.  A running partner with your pace is like gold!

To the previous post.  I love coke, life without it would be a sad place.  I really restrict it though, but have to admit having a few extra calories to indulge, whether it's for a burger and fries, or a burger and fries and some delicious coke, is what gets me through the miles sometimes!

Did my 8mi, now off to the pool to teach the kiddos to swim.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Didn't feel like running, and got out there and felt strong, but still didn't really want to run, so pushed into a progression run to get tired. Might be the first progression run where I've done the whole last mile at my 5K pace. That's kinda nice.

Seems like I'm in the mood to keep tapering, although it's too early for that really (still 3 weeks til marathon).