Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Murph, make sure you download and install Sporttracks (free download). Much better than the Garmin S/W. Does treadmill count as crosstraining? I opted for a recovery run rather than the elliptical today. Probably just to spite Shan.
    Yeah, I already use sporttracks. Had a 301 prior to the new one and found the sportstracks software pretty quickly.

Dave

Erika, that is great news about your foot. I had to chuckle because I also tend to use those first few steps in the morning to decide how badly beat up my body feels. At our age, pain free is a gift Big grin Bugs, you've been racking up the miles lately. Hopefully this is just a passing tweak. I can't speak for Shan but I wouldn't say this is a contest. More like competitive encouragement. Shan, we need to find a good 10K to run together in January. Maybe something in Maryland?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - name the time and place! This isn't meant to be a contest - unless you want it to be. I just like to push Dave - threatening to get beat by a girl seems to be doing the trick! Wink
        evanflein

I just like to push Dave - threatening to get beat by a girl seems to be doing the trick! Wink
          And that's all I'm sayin'!

Bugs

Hey, -5F isn't bitterly cold! That's really not bad at all... I ran 13 miles in -5 to -7 temps yesterday.
            But with windshield is more like -37F, I don't care that's COLD.
            Bugs, the mere mention of metatarsal soreness makes me cringe. Mine are doing pretty good, finding the metatarsal pads I'm using are helping a lot. I do still ice it after long runs though. Last night it felt "hot" and used the ice pack on it. This morning it feels pretty good.
            I should be icing more, maybe I need those pads. I just keep thinking, "please don't be a SF". I'm going to try running tonight, my gut says they'll feel better with activity.

Bugs

Dave

http://www.races2run.com/2008/2008Details/01-2008details.htm 10 miler. Wilmington Delaware (almost halfway?) 4 weeks from now. Here I thought I was inspiring Shan to run more miles and it sounds like the group thinks she was inspiring me? For the record, I love running behind women Evil grin Next week we go to "minimum manning" so I'm hoping I can really ramp up the miles.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

But with windshield is more like -37F, I don't care that's COLD.
                Can't pass this one up... windshield? Wink Bugs you're so cute. And I'm oh so glad we don't have much wind in the winter!!

Oh Mighty Wing

http://www.races2run.com/2008/2008Details/01-2008details.htm 10 miler. Wilmington Delaware (almost halfway?) 4 weeks from now. Here I thought I was inspiring Shan to run more miles and it sounds like the group thinks she was inspiring me? For the record, I love running behind women Evil grin Next week we go to "minimum manning" so I'm hoping I can really ramp up the miles.
                  if you can do it it works for me - that's more than half way for you - only 40 minutes for me. I have coach approval - IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

Dave

Don't sign up quite yet Wink Maybe we can find something more like halfway.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Don't sign up quite yet Wink Maybe we can find something more like halfway.
                      ok...

Dave

Shan, how far are you from Baltimore? Wilmington may work fine though (under 3 hours for me).

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

Erika, Glad the foot is feeling better in the mornings Taught spin twice today, and again at 6 am tomorrow. Means getting up at 4 30 am. Rained like crazy here today. Expect we will send our rain east in a couple of days. Time for me to start thinking about running again. Doesnt mean I will do it, just means I will think about running.

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, how far are you from Baltimore? Wilmington may work fine though (under 3 hours for me).
                            2 from Baltimore

Oh Mighty Wing

Time for me to start thinking about running again. Doesnt mean I will do it, just means I will think about running.
                              Thinking is a good first step!! Smile
                              Kimmie

Hey shan and Dave- that race sounds like fun... maybe I'll join you guys. Dave, would you drive up the morning of?