Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/15 (Read 297 times)

Dave

So what do men want? DS wanted to get DH a fishing pole, so I let him get it. Does he need one probably not, but fit the budget and wasn't crap. Last year we had the kids do all their shopping at the dollar store..that was funny. We got chips, pop, a watch, and a dog dish...we don't have a dog though. Smile
    Awesome, Bugs. Big grin What do men want? I got a leaf blower for my 40th birthday. Not a big hit. One year she bought me Uggs boots that didn't fit. Come to think of it, I've gotten footware a couple of times and they were never a big hit. Gadgets have been well received but to be fair, most of the gadgets I've needed, I've already purchased. Sportsgear? Hobby stuff? Event tickets?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

just chiming in here to say that guys are totally hard to buy for... women on the other hand are easy.... I like clothing, perfume, running stuff.... i could go on and on... whatever my DH wants, he buys for himself... just like Dave....

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't do well with buying gifts for DH - he never gives ideas. I give him some when he asks, but the favor is not returned. He always talks about his face being sensitive and wanting to try a straight razor - so last year I bought one - it sat for 11 months and he's only used it once. I told him this year if he doesn't think he'll use the gift we're taking it back because it is expensive!! The straight razor kit was WAY to expensive to not get used. I can't buy him electronics because he says its too hard. people who don't give suggestions are tough!

Bugs

My 7 year old is getting a bow and air set. I'm so excited, he didn't ask for it, but he's going to love it. I just hope I don't take one in the butt. MTA: But kids are easy peasy lemon squeezy to buy gifts for

Bugs

Dave

Last year, I bought a guitar for my wife for Christmas. One of those "I've always wanted to play one" sort of things. The dust is still building. Maybe this year I should buy her lessons.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Last year, I bought a guitar for my wife for Christmas. One of those "I've always wanted to play one" sort of things. The dust is still building. Maybe this year I should buy her lessons.
              I have used my diamond necklace quite often..maybe you should buy her a rock. Brian you too!

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

lessons are a great idea!!!!

Bugs

Shan, I thought how you had to work extra hard to get the weight bench into the house and hide it was very sweet. I agree guys are harder to buy for than girls, but I suppose it depends on the person and how openly they express what they would like.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - thanks!! I really want it to be a surprise! I'm not sure that guys are harder - I think it's all about the willingness to provide ideas!
                    evanflein

I give tons of hints, even write out a list sometimes. Rarely does he follow it. Last year he got me a shortie wet suit. WTF? I hate the water. It's not a "tri" suit but like for water skiing. I hate water skiing. It's still got the tags on it in the closet. He bought me a fancy knife sharpening system a couple years ago and sharpened all the kitchen knives. Now the thing sits in the cupboard. I just don't get it. I've been asking for gift cards to Road Runner Sports for years and nada. An iPod shuffle is inexpensive and perfect for using outside. Nada. The list goes on. It's frustrating. He buys the boys season passes to the snow boarding place here. They hate that because then dad is always pushing them to go out there, even if they have other stuff planned, the snow is old or scarce and they just don't want to do it. He figures they have to go X number of times to make it worth it so he really pushes them and fights ensue. He's hard to shop for too, though. He drops no hints. So, I buy him a bottle of his favorite port which is now almost $45 a bottle. And he's getting a Garmin Nuvi 350 too. He didn't ask for it, but he likes gadgets and (Bonus!) I won it as a door prize kinda thing at the last conference I attended. Can't beat that. MTA: I'll add that teenage boys are difficult to shop creatively for. Anything I might like is "lame" or "gay." So they're getting some soccer stuff, iTunes gift cards and a new Xbox 360 since the old (second hand) one they had died a couple months ago.
                        OK, ladies..need advise. I got the DW a nativity set for Christmas. I remember her mentioning it a year ago, and overheard a comment when she received an angel by the same company that makes the set...(I also got her a camera that she wasnt so subtle about). But this will be a surprise.. We will do our Christmas on the evening of the 23rd, since we travel on the 24th to my parents. Should I wrap the nativity set?--Its like 5 boxes--all the boxes may net me more stuff, as she is obsessive compulsive about having equal # of boxesunder the tree. Or should I set the manger scene up while she's sleeping one night before--so she can enjoy it this year. Its this one, btw http://www.sweetbe.com/candystore/product.php?productid=17270 (I should have bought it off that site, its less than I paid, and Im missing the goat)

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh i totally like the idea of playing santa!!!!!!!
                          Kimmie

I"m with Shan.... wrap all the boxes... at least that's what I think she means by playing Santa...
                              I thought she meant sneak down at night and put it out. If she opens up the camel first, there may be confusion.

Oh Mighty Wing

I thought she meant sneak down at night and put it out.
                                that is what I meant!!!! Ohh I'm excited about it and i'm not even getting the present!!!