Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/24 (Read 195 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wow, sorry to hear that Lou; we got essentially nothing. I gather you got bombarded.

Had a comfortable run today. Was thinking of trying mile on, mile off repeats at 7 & 8 pace maybe, but then DW wanted to do 3mi tempo at 7 pace, so I just did that alongside, and enjoyed it. I'm lazy and like tagging alongside someone else's workout.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Sounds like DW is getting scary fast, Perry. 1 hour for me on the treadmill at the hotel. Steady the whole way. 6.2 miles. Skipped dinner and ate chocolate ice cream in the lobby. Nice.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Good job running, Dave -- not quite as sure about your carb/protein loading however Smile

Cashmason

Welcome Dutchie ! Erika, hope DS2 is feeling better. Have minor surgery on my shoulder tomorrow. ( Minor is when they cut on somebody else, never minor when they cut on me) Can now walk half mile before I feel pf pain, so getting better, but long way from being able to run. Actually I can run just fine, and actually not hurt too much. Its the next day when it hurts like heck just to walk across the room.

didnt run last night. Daughter was having a bad night. Today was a scheduled off day, but I will run some. More than likely I will hit low 40's. Still a record for me, but not as much as planned. Saw on FB that Daves meeting got canceled after he flew out there and spent the night. Sounds like a frustrating week.

Dave

Good job running, Dave -- not quite as sure about your carb/protein loading however Smile

Here's the theory.

Chocolate milk is often recommended as the perfect run recovery drink.  Chocolate ice cream = frozen chocolate milk.

By the book, baby.  

I'm actually a little tweaky for the first time in months.  Will actually take a deliberate rest day.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sounds plausible. Needs testing. I'm going to go look in the freezer for testing materials.

theyapper

On the road again...

Ran 8 easy miles today.  First 8k in the morning.  Hoping to get it done under 40 min.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Nailed it - 39:04 I think.  Official results aren't up yet, but I was well under my goal.  More later - I've got kid duty today as my wife is off to the big city of Charlotte with a friend.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hey congrats Paul. Dave, ice cream last night was good. Put on an informal group run this morning and it went well. Now time to eat lunch.

Dave

Nailed it - 39:04 I think.  Official results aren't up yet, but I was well under my goal.  More later - I've got kid duty today as my wife is off to the big city of Charlotte with a friend.

That is seriously awesome.

8K = 5 miles = dang that was fast.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nice, Paul!

5 ezpz for me this morning.  Long run planned tomorrow.  I wonder what my normal route will be like.  I may have to improvise.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Awesome Paul! Congrats

couldnt get out last night. Sick wife and fussy baby..

Feeling lazy today..but plan on getting out this evening. Feeling like Ive been lazy this week. But I have run all but 1 day--just wish I had run a bit longer.

Got my 8.6 miles in..felt relaticely good. Back was stiff going into the run but didnt give me any issues during the run.

Dave

Cash, hope the surgery went well and you're recovering nicely (although by your definitions, I'm wondering whether they cut on you).

Stubbed my toe yesterday (twice, same toe) and I'm afraid I broke it.  May just call for pictures since it's pretty ugly (whole end is purple).  It doesn't hurt too much to walk though and I still may be able to run a little.  Time will tell.  Happy Sunday, everyone.

dgb2n@yahoo.com