Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/29/2008 - 1/6/2009 (Read 352 times)

Dave

I didn't find 3 miles with a tailwind but I did the 5K (after a 1.5 mile warm up) with about 1.7 miles of tailwind, about a third of mile with crosswind and then turning into the teeth of the wind for the last mile a or so. Here's what the weather warning said:
    WITH SUSTAINED WINDS AT 20 TO 30 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE.
    It was really windy. So much so that leaves passed me in the first two miles. Mile 1 - 6:32 Mile 2 - 6:39 Last mile, the wind was so hard, it felt like it stopped me in my tracks. I had brief thoughts of DNF'ing. Mile 3 - 7:28 Total time - 21:22 Too much wind assist to consider it a PR, i think. Remind me take a pass at all future Bugs' challenges.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Nobby is running my race! How cool are my events.Big grin

Bugs

Kimmie

I will be running at some point this afternoon... keep waiting for the wind to die down. But if Dave can do it, so can I. Bugs, definitely come and stay! I need to register for the half today,

Hail to The Victors!

I got mine in today. I did my 5K today in 28:09. It was a small part of a larger 5.8 miler.Just enough snow on the ground to be annoying in places.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Good job guys! Dave... wow, nice time! Murphy, what happened to you?

Hail to The Victors!

Total time - 21:22
                And you wanted to be in a different age group. Pshaw. Nice run, Dave!

Dave

It helps that you didn't actually RACE it Wink (I saw your 10K RR on the blog by the way. Awesome). Without the wind, I would've been closer to 22:30 most likely. I was cheating.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Good job guys! Dave... wow, nice time! Murphy, what happened to you?
                    Im a wuss, thats what happened. Roll eyes Getting ready to board my flight. Tomorrows run wil be on the beach

Oh Mighty Wing

Im a wuss, thats what happened. Roll eyes Getting ready to board my flight. Tomorrows run wil be on the beach
                      brag brag brag Big grin

Bugs

Murphy, you still have time to go run it again!

Bugs

Bugs

I will be running at some point this afternoon... keep waiting for the wind to die down. But if Dave can do it, so can I. Bugs, definitely come and stay! I need to register for the half today,
                          So you should RSVP to my race and post your time. I really had fun today, how dorky am I. Helped that I actually had someone to race against, although Steve is much faster than me. He sort of ran easier (I'm sure he did) but despite traffic stops, snow bank hurdles, it felt like a good race.

Bugs

Cashmason

4 miles today. 5k in 32:45 at heart rate of 134. Normally I race at a heart rate around 170. Was just taking it easy tonight. Also showed Suzie how to do body weight squats, bent and straight leg deadlifts and dumbell bench press'. Going to a party tonight and teach spin tomorrow afternoon. Got a mile swim in last night after teaching spin. Only 710 miles running this year, but 50 percent increase in bicycling and more than doubled swim miles this year. More total workout hours this year.

Bugs

Cash, sounds like a nice run. Good work. Ran my first 5K in 26:18. I paced off a fast runner. It was not that different than the winter 5Ks I run because we tend to spread out. Then I got home and got on the TM and ran a 24:30. Did some serious praying that last mile. Had to remind myself you push the 2nd mile and you hang on for dear life the last mile. 14 people on FB ran it, plus P2R and Cash's times. Got several emails where people were just really happy that they pushed themselves a little harder than normal. It was rewarding and a good way to end the year. Happy New Years to Everyone. Stay safe and my toast to you is, "May your 2009 be filled with glorious miles and no injuries."

Bugs

Happy New Year, everyone. We've been out to dinner and back already, and are getting cozy to watch a movie (Wall-E Smile ). We'll be asleep by 10:30, no doubt. Yes, a couple of fuddy-duddies.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com