Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Bugs

oh, I get it click = clique.... it took me a minute. Smile
    Sorry, I was drinking.
    Dave, I'll look for you at the EXPO today. is your avatar pretty close to what you look like? Smile
    LOL!!! You guys better dam well meet, and take pictures, hug at the end. We want a race report full of dazzle and drama. My son has Tae Kwon Doe Championship tomorrow...DH & I are arguing about how much he should practice tonight. He usually does 3 hours Fridays. I think he should only practive pattern. Seems common sense to me, but boy are we arguing about it. I am a little freaked about my costume and how it will work for running as I think I would like an accurate 5K time based on three weeks of doing easy running (that'd be a first). Will a flying cape slow me down? Frick, I may need to do a practive one today. In a small town like this that's just enough to land you front page on the paper.

Bugs

Dave

Murph, I saw your thread in racing. Will not post there but it will be interesting to see the responses. FWIW, I do think you can run sub 4 with the right training. And right really does mean just building some good easy miles. The tracking link for the marine corps is here: http://live.activeresult.com/mcm/maptrack/ I'll post my race number when I get it.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Yes I'm doing Disney... hmm, that doesn't sound quite right.
        Kimmie

My # is 23655 EXPO was the usual. I met TriKev who posts in the northern Virginia forum here. Heard from Grumpy that he was stuck at work. Resting my back again today. I wanted to drive the part of the course that I don't know... mostly miles 5-8 which build to a significant hill, but I didn't get to do that. Now I'm wondering if it's worth driving over there again tomorrow or just try to take it easy and not worry too much about it. I got my 4:00 pace band. yea!

Bugs

Good Luck Kimmie! I got the race listing updated, so if anyone needs the info they know what post to go to.

Bugs

Hey Bugs, Im Dec 7--Vegas

Dave

Bib #3405. The tracking link in Bugs' summary will work for either me or Kimmie.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

just found out another friend is pregnant... super...

Bugs

Wow, Kimmie has a HM PR of 1:51:50. Nice!

Bugs

Bugs

just found out another friend is pregnant... super...
                      Want me to key her car?

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs, the Disneyworld Marathon is January 11, 2009... I'm laying low after NYC for the rest of November and use December to tune up and get ready for it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Want me to key her car?
                          if you were close enough to key her car I think i'd be more upset we didn't have dinner plans Tongue I know her being pregnant doesn't affect me and my non-pregnancy AT ALL,but it still kinda hits ya where it hurts. Damn and I've been soo good at not caring the last 2 months!

Bugs

Bugs, the Disneyworld Marathon is January 11, 2009... I'm laying low after NYC for the rest of November and use December to tune up and get ready for it.
                            Fixed! I am so glad you're resting that foot after this one. I am so anxious to hear what doc says.
                            if you were close enough to key her car I think i'd be more upset we didn't have dinner plans Tongue I know her being pregnant doesn't affect me and my non-pregnancy AT ALL,but it still kinda hits ya where it hurts. Damn and I've been soo good at not caring the last 2 months!
                            OK, so you want me to fly there and have dinner with you? I am a superhero, I can fly there.

Bugs

Dave

Hang in there Shan. When its time, you'll be there too. OK, Grumpy is no more. I've got a number and a very cool shirt. I got caught up at work again today (good grief did this week suck) so I missed Kimmie and Kevin at the race expo. I picked up two pace bands, the 3:40 and the 3:30. Didn't take me too long looking at the 3:30 to realize that I'm going to be really happy with 3:40 if I pull it off. 22,000 runners in this one so it will be crowded at the start.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh i am soo excited for you guys!!!