Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

it's looking like the prediction is 64F so maybe it will be right in the range you want.

Hail to The Victors!

Was a HARD run on a new course. 2nd mile was pretty hilly and the rest very windy. I don't think I'm going to do this race again. I'm still recovering from the marathon, and not sharp anymore because of the recovery. Although it was cheap, just $12. Shan, you are right..I'm still recovering. I always run 5Ks best on a high mileage week...always.
      Nice costume! I know the feeling, Bugs, I ran a couple of 5Ks last fall after Toronto, and I felt incredibly flat. The 10K seven weeks later was even worse, though I think that was more a function of a tetanus shot I got for a dog bite three days earlier. Still, as my Dad says, "The Price was Right!" Smile MTA: Today was a 17 miler around Ford Lake in Ypsilanti. Nice run, but I was really flat today too. I didn't keep up on my fluids, so I started feeling pretty beat around mile 15 or so. Gotta keep up on that water, I had a half full water bottle around my waist, I just got into a zone and stopped drinking. *sigh*. I'm a little stressed, I have Federal Jury Duty in Detroit on Monday, so I'm stressing out a little bit about what happens if I get picked (I shouldn't, I am a Computer Security Professional, and I have a friend in the FBI). I'd love to be a part of a federal trial, I rather like being a part of the wheels of justice. I know I can skip a day, but I'm being OCD about running right now. Smile Good luck you guys tomorrow, have a great race!
        15k this morning, perfect weather for a race. Not a lot of great stories, but I ran 75:27, which is a nice improvement over my 83:01 last year. Pretty happy with it. Good luck on the marathon tomorrow!

Oh Mighty Wing

jhallum - no good getting low! i'm still learning the art of fluid intake... one day we will learn. why can't you get your run in with jd? brian - that is a huge improvement!!! especially given the aches and pains you've had this week!

Dave

Way to go, Brian! Is that a PR for you? Huge improvement over last year. I need to go to bed. Early wakeup. Fluid intake and nutrition can get tricky on those long runs. I hit the wall hard on my first 18 miler of this training cycle and I think it was both not enough to drink and not enough to eat.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

jhallum, Well thanks for trying to make me feel better. I've ran a 2 mile two weeks after a marathon and did great, won a trophy...but three weeks seems to be an evil spot for me. Proably doesn't help that my fuel was M&Ms and pizza. Hope you don't get picked. You need a judge that is a runner. Smile Brain, That's a very nice pace for a 15K. I've only ran that distance once but loved it. If your running slower for this marathon because of running with your Dad are you planning another reason after? Murphy, One thing the high mileage boys didn't point was the important of hill running. I plan to do more of it myself in the next months. But take an example from Erika who runs LOTS of hills. I'm wondering how badly I need to race a HM before Fargo. There must be an Internet friend that lives in the south that I can go visit in March. Food logging starts tomorrow. Post marathon buffet eating stops.

Bugs

Not sure when the next marathon will be. With a baby coming in January, a spring one looks unlikely. I've thought of one in December, but haven't looked too hard yet (and maybe better not, I might convince myself to do it). 15k is an interesting distance for me. Only my 2nd race at this distance, so was a PR. Bugs, do you think my trianing pace should be faster? I usually run around 10:00 on an "easy" run. I am thinking I need more speed work. I feel like I could have held that pace for a lot longer (well, maybe upto a half marathon), but felt like an extra 15 seconds/mile faster and I couldn't have held it. Wonder if too many easy miles make me not want to push it. Better race more 5ks to get used to pain again.
                  Hey Bugs--awesome pics..SOmewhere I have a rubber batman mask from halloween years ago. We had movers find it once..they thought we were freaky. There were also clown costumes. Ive gained weight. Looking at my Columbus pictures I really noticed. I looked like I did in my early races when I started running. Not the skinnier me in my avatar. I really need to lose at least 5 lbs before Vegas. Im about 10 lbs heavier than I was 2 years ago. I do a good amount of hills. My main trail is very hilly. After my first marathon---when I only trained on flat bike trail, I changed it up. It really helps--I just need more base. But I noticed the hill training helped me through the worst part of the flying pig. The key for me is miles. Ended up doing 4 tonight..got out late. It was a good run. Put me over 40 for the week with the marathon. 12 tomorrow. Probably in the evening.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - you are right about hills. I'm still working on getting them in. I think for me it does the wrong thing when i think of it as a hilly run. It's better when I think of it as an easy run on a course that happens to have hills I can't avoid.
                      Kimmie and Dave both on pace for their goals at the half. They are doing awesome Kimmie 1:57:19 Dave 1:48:06
                        Kimmie and Dave both on pace for their goals at the half. They are doing awesome Kimmie 1:57:19 Dave 1:48:06
                        Nice timing, I was just looking that up!
                          Looks like Daves pace slipped just a bit the last split. Hes exactly on pace though still
                            Wow, I didnt see what a big PR Daves goal would be. Looks like he'll kill the PR. Hes on 3:40 pace through 30k. PR is 4:17. GO DAVE

Oh Mighty Wing

ohhh this is soo exciting!!!!

Bugs

WOW! They are both doing great. Man I am glad they don't have the 45 mph wind we have here today.

Bugs