Marathon Trainers

9/29-10/5 (Read 319 times)

Happy Camper

Good running this weekend Bugs! Same to you Dave and Inertia! I've had a better week of running. I'm making it a rest day today. It's hard to pass up a 48F morning but I'm feeling the running schedule and I want something in the tank for Sunday's 1/2. I will either run easy tomorrow or get the road bike out Saturday. It's supposed to warm back up aging beginning today. The cool mornings have been great.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ran for an hour with some strides last night. It was one of those sanity saving runs. I swear if I didn't run last night I'd be in the loony bin this morning, rocking back and forth drooling on myself. Ugh. I recruited a personal paparazzi for the race tomorrow. A friend of mine is an amature photographer and he's going to take some pics of the race. I'll have the race report later in the day and pics a few days later. Dave - I know it's hardly in your back yard, but I do plan on running Bayshore in Traverse City in the spring.
      Kimmie

ok, wish me luck. I've decided that I'm going to do my long run in about an hour when my daughter gets on the bus for afternoon kindergarten. I'll have to run by time- I'll have exactly 3 hours and 15 minutes to get back to get them off the bus. Usually, I run with my group on Saturday mornings. But my daughter has started playing soccer and she has games in the morning. I just don't want to miss them. And Sundays, I'm involved at church, so that's not going to work. I feel weak saying that I prefer to run with others. I know lots of people who run by themselves. One girl at the gym ran 20 miles on the treadmill once. So, I know I can do it... especially with this nice weather.

Oh Mighty Wing

go kimmie go kimmie go kimmie - you can do it!

Bugs

I swear if I didn't run last night I'd be in the loony bin this morning, rocking back and forth drooling on myself. Ugh.
            Well that explains my behavior, I haven't been running. I went to the clinic to have my throat checked today. My throat has so many scars, and running seems to have left a big white spots on my palete. They were all freaked out it was cancer. Flip, all I wanted to know was if it was strep. I feel a little ish but I don't think it'll affect my run. However they had me get on the scale. Whe the? Apparently I carb-loaded well. Sad Kimmie, Good luck on your 20. I run most of runs alone, actually prefer it. Can pace it my way that way.

Bugs

evanflein

I run most of runs alone, actually prefer it. Can pace it my way that way.
              Same thing here. It's also my "me" time and I guard that pretty closely. Bugs... how does running give you white patches on your palate? Did they check you for thrush? Heh, carbo loading... I do it all the time apparently. 3" of snow on my car this morning, expecting another couple inches by the end of today. Lovely. I'll probably be on the treadmill this weekend until the roads get better (it's icy under that new snow). Kimmie, I've done a 20 and several 11-15 mile runs on the treadmill. When it's -40 and you've gotta run long, that's what happens!
                I do nearly all my running alone. Its relaxing. Having partners does help you get out. But once Im out I prefer to go it alone. I may use my ipod this weekend for the first time forever on my long run. My streaking days may be over (after 7 days). We'll see. Gotta go to a HS football game tonight..and I think I could use a full day to recover..and my throat is itchy. But, I may get my mile in to keep it going. Either way it served its purpose to motivate me to get back in a groove. I havent been able to do more than a few miles on treadmill. I did do 8 miles on the indoor track once. I think its 9 laps a mile. Will probably re-join the Y soon so I can make use of the indoor track during the particularly nasty days--so I dont get myself sick like I did last year.

Bugs

Erika, SNOW! Wow I'm not quite ready for that, kids hat, mittens, boots, etc.. we'll never make the bus. They did check for thrush. Negative. They didn't really know what it was. He said that there was a cancer concern, but not likely. I had heard of running causing something like this, but I think it's usually a winter running deal. Probably just a virus will go away. This is my third marathon, third marathon I'm sickish the week before. I was so careful all month too, but when you got two little kids bringing snot and coughs home there's no avoiding it. Forcast now doesn't think it's going to rain till afternoon, which is good.

Bugs

Dave

I'm with Murph. Partners help me get out there but once I'm out there, I'm better off alone. Better pace control. Time to myself, etc I ran with a buddy yesterday and ended up tweaking my knee again with that speedwork. Taking the day off today. May go light tomorrow. I'm heading out the door to the race expo to pick up my packet. I LOVE race expos Wink.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Dave, Good luck at your race and have fun at the expo. Think that knee is just being cranky so your fresh for race day. I'm feeling not very confident of my pace goal. Just race day jitters right? Should stick with the pla???. Erika & Dave I should stick with my plan right?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

dave you are racing?? I suck I'm sorry - good luck!! BUGS - stop worrying!! You will be amazing!!!

Bugs

Shan, In my first post I got everybody racing this week. And thanks.

Bugs

Yes, bugs, you'll do great!! And I like the first page race summary. We gotta keep that up.

Oh Mighty Wing

Holy crap GOOD LUCK PEOPLE!!!! you all are gonna do great!!

Dave

Dave, Good luck at your race and have fun at the expo. Think that knee is just being cranky so your fresh for race day. I'm feeling not very confident of my pace goal. Just race day jitters right? Should stick with the pla???. Erika & Dave I should stick with my plan right?
                                Of course you should stick with your plan. You're trained. You're ready. You're friggin hot Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com