Marathon Trainers

Thanksgiving week (Read 248 times)

evanflein

Cash, I don't think anyone condones stretching cold muscles. Always warm up beforehand, and post-workout is the best time to stretch. And if you don't like it, don't do it. Day off for me, too. No shopping though. Going to laze around the house and maybe (finally) get outside for a run... It's +14F out there! That's like a heat wave compared to yesterday, but still pretty chilly for where Kimmie is. But I'll wear tights, for sure.

Dave

6 miles for me today with two miles at faster than MP. First bit of speedwork I've done in a while and it felt good to run faster but my legs still aren't 100%. I think I can relate to you on this Erika. I'm trying to run as much as I can without aggravating a lingering injury at this point. Frustrating. MTA: 5 more miles this morning in bright sunshine and 33F temps. Legs still tweaky but they don't seem to be getting worse so I'm just running.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Dave

Hey Shan, little bit of log stalking. Do you realize that if you did a nice easy 14 tomorrow, you'd have 100 miles for November? Wink

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Hey Shan, little bit of log stalking. Do you realize that if you did a nice easy 14 tomorrow, you'd have 100 miles for November? Wink
          You mean I have the next 2 days to do 13 miles... I haven't run yet today... if I can do 3 or 4 today then I only need a 9-10 tomorrow... hhhmmm....

Dave

Yup. 100 mile month. A stunt on top of a stunt. It would be epic. Wink Wink And you'd out run me by about 6 miles. I'm planning on 10.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

And you'd out run me by about 6 miles. I'm planning on 10.
              This would be the best part! LOL

Oh Mighty Wing

3 miles down, 10 for tomorrow... Damn you Dave. Big grin Look at my mileage - pretty cool!

Dave

HeeHeeHeeHee Yes Sucker.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

HeeHeeHeeHee Yes Sucker.
                    haha I know it's like I can't help it... a challenge is set in front of me and i MUST go for it!
                    Kimmie

I am proud that even though I had to get going and get in the car to drive home to VA., I still went to the hotel workout room and ran 3 miles on the treadmill. It makes a long car ride that much better.

Oh Mighty Wing

AWESOME JOB KIMMIE!!!! Dave - I win!

Happy Camper

First run of the season in snow. Well, at least there was snow in the grass. Made the morning very pleasant. Plug away for a 16-miler. I need 250 in December to hit goal for the year. It's been a nice weekend. Now I have to do the catch up work before Monday hits.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

aww that is soo much better than rain....
                            evanflein

I need like 220 miles in December (well, less whatever I do today, if anything) to make my goal of 2,000 miles for the year. So frustrating, because for most of the year I was so far ahead of that stupid pace bunny. Oh well. There's always next year I guess, right? 7.48 miles on the treadmill yesterday, and 15 minutes of pool running to wind things down. Sure wish I could get mileage credit for that pool running! Not sure what I'll do today, we had some snow yesterday and it's a chilly 6F out there now. No sunshine, so that makes it feel even colder. I'm just being a wimp though. Should go up to the university where they plow the sidewalks and bike paths... Good job on November Shan! You sure beat my miles... I think I'll be lucky to get 60.

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job on November Shan! You sure beat my miles... I think I'll be lucky to get 60.
                                This will mean more when you are healthy Wink So you focus on that and when you are healthy then I'll chase you down. Big grin Seriously though - I am glad you are running again! But make sure to not over do it!