Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/10 (Read 242 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

The pull of the warm bed was almost, but not quite enough to keep me from running this morning. Just over 30 degrees this morning. It's starting to get cold. Ugh. Last week I got a Nike cold weather compression shirt for $25 and I test drove it today. Never ran in compression shirts. I liked it. Got in a little over 8 miles this morning.

Dave

MrI, your log is looking super these days. Brian, down to the last week before your race. Exciting times. I've got to change something up. Maybe take a couple of weeks completely off running to make sure I'm completely recovered. My right knee continues to act up after anything long or fast. Yesterday's 10 miler didn't do me any favors and I'm loaded up with motrin. No running for me today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr.I - I've been waiting for you!! Nice job getting out of bed! About the shirt - you didn't get too warm?? Dave - just had to take the wind right out of my sails huh?? I was all excited that I might have run the farthest! GLad you had a fun time!

Dave

Dave - just had to take the wind right out of my sails huh??
          That's what I'm here for. Tongue You had a great week of running last week and I wanted to make sure you didn't go all complacent on us. Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

There is NO complacency!! I've got PR's to set and distances to run!

Hail to The Victors!

The pull of the warm bed was almost, but not quite enough to keep me from running this morning. Just over 30 degrees this morning. It's starting to get cold. Ugh. Last week I got a Nike cold weather compression shirt for $25 and I test drove it today. Never ran in compression shirts. I liked it. Got in a little over 8 miles this morning.
              Yeah, it's cold and snowy here too. Bummer. I have 12 on the plate for today, it will be my coldest run so far this year. I have a new Nike running vest I'm hoping to testdrive, it should be just right. Thankfully it will be 50 by Friday again!
              Kimmie

Ok, cold AND snowy? I guess I can't complain with 40 degrees and wind. I don't want to run today... someone make me go. I prefer running with others.. but most people can't run in the middle of the day like I can- so, when DH is out of town, I need to run after getting my DD on the bus for kindergarten. One hour and I will be forcing myself out the door. I don't mind cold... I just don't like wind. Plus, I don't know what I should be running. I have been in recovery mode with very little mileage and running easy. I wonder if I need to start ramping back up. Myrtle Beach is in Feb. Any thoughts? 6 miles? 8 miles? Even though I feel recovered, I am paranoid about jumping back in hard- just because I've done that before and that sucks. Dave, take care of yourself. You should trust your instincts and maybe ease off running for a little bit. Did you notice how rough the roads were at MCM? I felt my ITB some and I think that's why. shan and Mr. I and jeremy, jeep up the good work.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - GO RUN! I'll be expecting a report! Cash - 3 hours?? wow Nice riding!!
                  Kimmie

thanks Shan! 4.7 miles for me on a hilly course that I haven't run in awhile... I guess I've been choosing the flatter ones lately because it felt a little hard- that and with the wind- but of course, I'm so glad I went. That's why this group is awesome.

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH kimmie!!!
                      evanflein

No workout for me today. My log looks pretty pathetic from a running point of view, but the calendar view shows a ton of stuff! I'm traveling again today... heading to the airport soon to go to Seattle thru Thursday. I'll have my computer with me so hope to be able to check up on you guys. Week one of no running is in the bag. Foot feels better but not great. Funny thing is my left quad still feels a little tweaky from the marathon. Don't think the rowing workout I did last week helped it any either. Oh well. Dave that's a great picture. Lou posted it in the Master's forum, too. I've met Lou a couple of times. He and his wife "PreDawnRunner" are some of my favorite people! Looked like a fun run, is that the one your knee is barking at you from? Ok kids, be good. I'm outta here for a bit.

Hail to The Victors!

thanks Shan! 4.7 miles for me on a hilly course that I haven't run in awhile... I guess I've been choosing the flatter ones lately because it felt a little hard- that and with the wind- but of course, I'm so glad I went. That's why this group is awesome.
                          Way to get out there! See? Winter isn't so bad!

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika - I was wondering how you were doing!! Good job not running (yes I mean that!)!!! I know it's hard but it will pay off!

Bugs

Race Listing We got a marathon in the group this week! GOOD LUCK BRIAN!!! November 16th Brian - Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. Goal - Keep up with Dad December 7th Murphy - Vegas Marathon Goal - Sub 5 Shan - Brian's Run Goal - less than 1 hour January 11, 2009 jhallum - Disney Marathon Erika -Disney Marathon January 24, 2009 Bugs - St. Paul Winter Freeze Your Ass Off Half Marathon February 14 2009 Kimmie - ? Marathon Goal 3:45- BQ March 21, 2009. Dave - National Marathon Goal - Sub 3:30 March 29, 2009 MarathonPeach - Georgia Marathon Goal - sub 6 April 20, 2009 Erika - Boston Marathon May 8th, 2009 Bugs - Fargo Marathon May 23rd, 2009 Inertia - Bayshore Marathon

Bugs

Bugs

If I'm snoozing anyone can re-post the races in the weekly thread. My son had a fever this morning. All now he seems fine but every time I ask he starts coughin. We went to town to get movie and supplies for his turkey due tomorrow and we got caught by my boss's wife. 8 Ball Crap! Do you guys ever find the TM harder? I swear mine is harder than some, but in general I find a TM harder than outside. My legs were sore this morning anywya but I did a progressive run for five miles and my legs are beat. My lungs are much stronger than my ability to move my legs fast. My max heart rate was 174. Think my legs were a little tired eh? Dave, Get better. I am ready to commit to this half marathon in March but everybody's got to be in. Especially Kimmie, as she's my ride to/from airport. Wink Shan, I really LOVE your new attitude. Kimmie, I followed Nobby's recovery plan. It was 30-60 minutes of easy running everyday for three weeks. I like this because mentally it was not hard to commit to 30 minutes. Often it was right around 45 minutes. I would not run more than an hour. I'm finding running more runs, and spreadout to be much better than a reverse taper. It's easier and I'm getting miles in the books to keep my aerobic fitness up. So that's what I recommend.

Bugs