Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/10 (Read 242 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Bugs!! I feel really good right now which is nice!

Hail to The Victors!

Do you guys ever find the TM harder? I swear mine is harder than some, but in general I find a TM harder than outside. My legs were sore this morning anywya but I did a progressive run for five miles and my legs are beat. My lungs are much stronger than my ability to move my legs fast. My max heart rate was 174. Think my legs were a little tired eh?
      I find running indoors for anything that isn't interval training much harder. Doesn't matter if it's the Dreadmill, the Elliptical, the 165 meter track, the 220 meter track, whatever. If it's indoors, it's pretty hard. The only exception is when I'm running indoor intervals during winter. Then it's a blast. I guess I'm just not a fan of repeat scenery or something... Jeremy
        Do you guys ever find the TM harder? I swear mine is harder than some, but in general I find a TM harder than outside. My legs were sore this morning anywya but I did a progressive run for five miles and my legs are beat. My lungs are much stronger than my ability to move my legs fast. My max heart rate was 174. Think my legs were a little tired eh?
        I definitely think th TM is harder, and my HR backs it up. Even if I don't use an incline, my HR will be a bit higher, but maybe it's just because there's no air moving. Regardless, I hate it. Shin's definitely chirping today, but I almost guarantee it's the reduced running, if that makes any sense. When I run 4 days/week, I have all sorts of niggly things. When I'm 5-6 days/week, nothing. But, just in case, I'm taking it easy.

Oh Mighty Wing

I hate the gym. I can't find any sort of zone and that makes it harder to do anything for any amount of time.
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

TM vs Outside: I've measured over a dozen runs outside vs TM and have noticed that at a given perceived effort and HR, that the TM is about 10-20 seconds slower per mile than outside. Most of my day to day training runs my HR averages right around 143ish and outside that yields about a 9:50 pace. On the TM a 143ish HR yields about a 10 min pace. The difference is more noticeable in cooler weather. The warm bed and blankies won this morning. I got a 50/50 shot at getting a TM workout in this evening. I think I may take a stab at some intervals.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - I notice I run slower on the treadmill too!! And sorry the blankets won although I definitely understand!

Dave

I don't find the treadmill harder physically, just mentally. I can easily run for an hour outside but an hour on the treadmill feels like torture even though its easier on the joints. Beautiful cool/cold fall day today. Enjoying the day off with my kids. Another recovery day, unfortunately.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

ohh that's fun, Dave!! We are in school - running will have to wait - it feels beautiful - I'm excited!!

Bugs

Had to switch jeans this morning. First pair was falling off me. Big grin MTA: I'm sick, achy head and body sick. I'm going to skip my noon run and go sleep in storage room. Dam should have not done so much yesterday.

Bugs

Kimmie

AH!! Sorry you're sick Bugs. Hope you feel better. I was just going to write something about how all of those ab exercises are helping your jeans to feel so loose- but get yourself well again! Smile I have a 6 mile fartlek workout planned today. I can't run any more easy miles. I will promise to be careful.

Oh Mighty Wing

Had to switch jeans this morning. First pair was falling off me. Big grin MTA: I'm sick, achy head and body sick. I'm going to skip my noon run and go sleep in storage room. Dam should have not done so much yesterday.
                        you take it easy on yourself miss bugs!! and oh darn for having jeans too big Big grin
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Intervals tonight!!! Yay!

Oh Mighty Wing

yeah Mr. I!!! 2 and change for me. I'm a little sore and I ran out of time so i'll have to do 4 tomorrow.

Bugs

I went home from work, decided I was completely useless, slept all day. Hope everyone had a 'speedy' day. I do my obligatory 1 mile on TM later, sheer ice on the roads here.

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Whole E. Cow! I've done intervals here and there. Today I did a session right out of Daniels Blue Advanced Plan. 1 mile warmup 8 x 400 w/ 400 easy jog recovery 400 repeats were 1:46. Basically my 1 mile race pace. I say again unto you: Whole E. Cow "Lung searing intervals" just took on a whole new meaning for me. I like.