Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Dave

Starting to sound like a plan. I may have to fall back to the half just to run it with you guys. At least the way my legs feel today. I'm sure amnesia will kick in and I'll be fine. One more pic from this weekend. This was at the finish line. For the record, I can't imagine how hard it would be to run the Flying Monkey. Those people are nuts.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

I hear you on the jury duty. I am on call now for jury duty. Have to call the courthouse every night to find out if I have to go in the next day.

Bugs

Funny my DH is on jury duty now too. Must be their busy season. Dave, you're looking really rough in that picture. Was it just the fast miles, or were you short on nutrition? Too much energy drink? Good thing a marian didn't have to carry you to the finishline. I ran a DOUBLE today. I'm running EASY but my legs are lovin running again. Book club was a blast, hard on the diet, they fed me junk food, baileys and the final kicker is December Christmas party is at MY house. WTH was I thinking, this is serious work. Think I'll start putting up x-mas cludder tomorrow, oh and finish my painting, and wall paper removal job. Shan you need to live here so you can help me! Ah crap, I better just get em boozed up real quickly and they won't notice a thing. MTA: Today's Mileage made YTD=1504.2 Mi Over the 1500 mark.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - oh man I totally would help too!!! Awesome job on the mileage AND the double!! Jhallum - I'm glad your running didn't suffer, but that probably would have been a cool trial!! Cash - how ya doing???
          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

got in 8.25 miles this morning. Getting out of my nice warm bed was hard.

Dave

Great job on the double, Bugs. Not sure I've ever run one. MrI, you continue to crank out good miles. I'm sure they will pay off. I posted that picture just because I did look so bad. The post-race photo taken with my medal was even worst. Not sure it was anything in particular. Just spent. I didn't bonk so much as just crumble at the end. No miles for me. Maybe an easy jog tomorrow. Walking is still an adventure.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Easy with the recovery Dave. Nothing wrong with letting the body heal after that hard effort. Maybe some cycling to flush the legs out instead of a run? 8 & change this morning. First run of the season in tights. Wore two tech shirts, hat and gloves. Vaseline for the face. Yes it was only 27°F. Better run for me this morning but the shoes are blown out. New ones are supposed to get here by Friday. Current ones will be right at 500 miles and are not fun after 6-miles.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Good runs all. I have a massive blood blister underneath my second toe that does not feel good when I put on my running shoes, so I will have to see the foot doc today. yea! Smile I will probably run on Thursday after it heals a bit. I'm dying to get out there again. Hey Dave, how do you post marathon foto pictures? Some of mine are scary but they're all I've got. funny, Bugs, I had book club last night too. You'll have to tell us on the other thread what the plan is to get rid of my tub of lard as you so eloquently put it. Smile 8 + miles for mr. I and pace2race- nice! It is getting cold and I will have to start meeting people in the mornings so I can get out of my warm bed.
                    y'all can run the 1/2, and wait around 3+ hours for me to finish the full. If I travel, Im running the full. I should be good to run this. The wife is planning a girls weekend in Key West in February. So I am owed one. (I'll conveniently forget all the golf weekends, etc.). The date is actually really good. Far enough after Vegas--and timed out so I dont have time to get lazy. And, plenty of time to get ready for my fall schedule and my planned sub 4 marathon(s)

Bugs

Dave, Doubles are being encouraged. Right now just easy running, soon to add strides but when the workouts get hard it is to keep legs activaed. Hym, what is a stride? I can't say I know exactly. Kimmie, I am sure I have handled blisters wrong so I have no advice, I always loose toe nail. I am curious what your foot doctor does. Boy my toe nails are ugly. That is funny you had book club on the same night. What did you read? We read The Girls. A little to nasty for my taste. P2R, Take care of your feet. Murphy, We would spread out and cheer you on! There would be no walking breaks that day. Wink Shan, Should be day 14 of streaking for me. We'll make it competive OK, see who drops the ball first? Wink x-mas party could be fun but wow, decorations, clean house, finish projects, prepare food, drinks. If you find any interesting recipes or ideas let me know. They are quite a liberal bunch of girls. Erika, Thinking about your feet and healing vibes to you. Man you have a lot of races in the line-up.

Bugs

Dave

Stride is probably shorthand for striders. The way I ran them was to accelerate quickly up to 5K pace hold for maybe 100 yards and then slow back down to a jog. Repeat when you recover (I used the HRM and waited to get back under 150). Point is to get your legs used to the faster turnover but not beat up your body too much. Sounds like we might have quite a group for the National.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

There are qualifying standards for The National marathon and 1/2 marathon. http://www.nationalmarathon.com/qualifying.asp I qualify..but was a bit nervous when I saw that there were standards. At first I though I had to break a 5 hour marathon before runing this. Would have given me some added Vegas motivation. Shan qualifies via her 5k and 10k prs--as long as the results are published somewhere for verification. That was a very good 10k shan, btw.

Bugs

Oh I hope I can get frequent flyer mile tickets. Fricken lawyers and doctors are eating all my money right now. Flyers, what day are you flying home? For me this is a social, and test my running ability visit. I'm not visiting my congressmen, although I did do that once.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - thanks!! I was surprised - I never run that fast normally - proof that easy running makes you faster - freezing rain helps too!! I hope I can break 1 hour this year - but who knows if that's even reasonable. And yes we would wait around!! Bugs - oh it's on baby!!! Big grin MTA: I have been running I just don't ever post it! haha guess I don't want to report my piddly 1 milers - Erika might start scolding me about running more again! LOL I started a building plan this week! We'll see how it goes!
                                I would fly in Friday evening and out Monday AM.