Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Bugs

Cash, Sorry to hear about calf. You should hang with us more often. We think you're cool.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - Wow! You set a PR on a hurt calf - that certainly deserves some time to rest! Erika - yes I need a new dr. ok I only got 1 mile.
        Shan, I also want to clarify that I dont think the 1 milers are nothing..If I had been out doing 1 milers every day instead of being lazy before my marathons, I guarantee I would have done better. More along the lines of bugs thinking...for me and for many the first mile sucks--it gets much easier for me miles 2 through 5. Its almost like driving a car being along for the ride. And Ive said before your log rocks--running every day is something I tried to do, but couldnt continue. You rule!! And your gradual build up plan sounds good...

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks! Blush you guys are great! I think i'm just being a wee bit sensitive...
          Kimmie

Is anyone else sort of disturbed by how fresh Kimmie looked in that finish line picture?
            Did you mean to say "dead"? I am disturbed, does that count? I ran tonight but only had time for 2.5 miles. Probably was good because my toe still isn't all the way better. My foot doc thinks I should get a 1/2 size larger running shoe... maybe that's it. Bugs, take care of yourself. You and Shan rock- I don't think I could do the streaking thing.

Dave

Let me put it this way: You look great. I look ridiculous Wink Shan, I hope you don't think I was being sarcastic about 1 mile today. I was actually on the treadmill thinking, "Shan would at least run a mile. Man up." Damn that hurt though.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

oh well. You want to see the look of a struggling marathoner... www.marathonfoto.com Columbus Murphy 2526
                  I think Dayton's looked much worse--but I waved off a bunch of photographers to avoid having my picture taken. Looking at these photos, I reaalized I looked as fat as when I started racing. I am starting to drop the lbs though. 6 miles tonight in the neighborhood. DIdnt look at watch until I was done. Im getting good at my pacing and got stronger..the last mile was mostly uphill..Miles 3 to 5 were mostly on the same 3/4 mile loop. 11:02 11:00 11:02 10:44 10:36 11:01 Ran in my new shoes. Realized how much of a heel striker I am. Kept scuffing my heal since it wasnt worn down.

Bugs

No way, that's at the start. You should buy that one. I got my one mile in, 13:00 light jog and my neck hurt and it was probably dumb but will not require E.R. visit. If I don't blog tomorrow I'm dead from busted blood vessel. Sad Honestly I don't want to do the "streak thing". I am just doing a training plan that lets you run 7 days/week if your up to it. But now the streak has started. This guy at work has 30+ years of a streak going. Can you imagine?

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs, I kinda feel like an imposter now. I dont run much more than half marathons anymore, and although I work out almost every day, many of them are swims or bike rides. I usually only run a couple times a week, even when not hurting. Once the times on my shorter races indicate I have the speed to run a marathon well by my standards, I may train for another marathon. 20 mile training runs that take longer than it takes Erika or Kimmie to run 26.2 just isnt fun.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash, Umm impostor?? I still haven't EVER ran a marathon! You will lose the biggest impostor contest. And you better not disappear!! I enjoy reading about your experiences in the fish bowl and spinning - how do you like teaching it by the way?? So you better just change your attitude Mr and start checking in more regularly!! Kimmie and Dave - I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!! You both have a look of such accomplishment!! It's awesome! Dave - I missed that 1 miler!! And no I didn't think you were being sarcastic! Way to HTFU. Bugs - you too! I think you might be crazier than me with that one! Things we've learned today - sometimes 1 milers are necessary evils to help keep you feeling like a bad ass. Big grin

Hail to The Victors!

Let me put it this way: You look great. I look ridiculous Wink Shan, I hope you don't think I was being sarcastic about 1 mile today. I was actually on the treadmill thinking, "Shan would at least run a mile. Man up." Damn that hurt though.
                          I think you both look ready to run another 10 miles, if you ask me. Not too much exhaustion at all. I wussed out, didn't run during my lunch hour, and ran when I got home because I figured it would be sunny and cold, rather than cloudy and cold. It was a good guess, and I think the run may have been slightly more pleasant. Yesterday was the big hump for one more week though, the rest of the week and early next week is 50's and 60's again. For some reason, while once I get out there it's fine, my mind has a mental resistance for temps below 40. Today is 5 tempo miles, looking forward to something other than intervals for speed, I've been doing intervals a lot lately (albeit long and slower intervals).
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

9.5 miles this morning. Faster than normal, slower than M pace. I'm holding up well under the increase in mileage. Marathon photos: My first I saw a bunch of people smiling, waving, whatever when they saw the cameras. I'm thinking "It's a friggin race people, be serious. The result? Nine identical photos of me jogging. Boring. Second marathon I figured I'd aknowledge the cameras. The result? Nine identical photos of me jogging with my right fist raised in the air. Next time I'm going to mix it up a lot. I'm going to purposfully look like hell in a few of them, maybe even wince or dry heave for the camera. A few I'll do the raised fist thing and I think I'll stick my tongue out and make faces in one or two.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - I think attempting different poses will be great!!
                              Kimmie

Mr. I, you made me laugh... Smile There are some pics of me that look like death- that one at the end happens to look ok- I guess... I was tired but forced a big smile. Soon, we can take the lovely pictures of me down, ok? Smile I am feeling the toe again today... just running 2.5 yesterday made it swell again- and putting on my running shoes to go to the gym to work was not fun. It's just a toe, what the heck. But I think I will go today to the running store to buy a larger sized shoe? It's not in the budget, but I need to be able to run. One of my clients is running her first 5K on sunday and I will be accompanying her. She's super excited. The farthest she's run is 2 miles on the treadmill only. So, Sunday may feel tough for her being outside and going farther. She tends to run at a 12 min. pace- so my goal with her will be to just keep it nice and easy and have her run the whole thing without walking. Should be a great accomplishment for her. Maybe I'll run today if I can get my toe to stop yelling at me. Bugs, think positive thoughts Cash, I agree with the others... I like reading your posts. Jhallum, nice job on the run. I'm the same way- if it's windy and cold, I have to totally psyche myself up for it and then 5-10 min. into it, i'm fine. what are you training for ?, I forgot. Erika, It looks like the weather will be good in NYC.