Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Bugs

I'm training for Disney, Jan 11. Is it a sane idea, training for a January race in the midwest with no treadmill workouts? We'll see!
    Hope you have a nice winter. I hardly use the treadmill myself but might have to because of the double runs planned this year. The TM bangs me up, and then when you go to outside it feels harder.
    Bugs: I have a horrible picture from Toronto last fall where I look like death incarnate. And I felt far worse than I looked.
    OK, thanks you guys made me feel better. Here I thought I was the only one that had crap photos.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

3.5 miles today. It was a good run! AND I'm only 4/10ths of a mile behind for the week! SWEET!

Dave

I have a horrible picture from Toronto last fall where I look like death incarnate. And I felt far worse than I looked.
        Talk is cheap, J. Post it. We'll put it on the front page Wink Nice run, Shan. 4/10's behind?

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Bugs

OK, I'll enter the "worst race photo" contest. Here are a couple at the end of my 15k Saturday. Look how comfortable the girl who beat me looks!

Oh Mighty Wing

Husker - your face says "oh god please let it be over!!" Dave - yeah I should be at 9 miles and i'm at 8.6 Smile
                What's crazy is that I didn't feel too bad considering I just sprinted to the finish of a 15k! Oh well. Some people get all flush, guess I get pale.
                Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

When the going gets tough, the tough run with their eyes closed. Note the Gary Bjorklund style laces Big grin Bugs still gets my vote though
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Totally non running/race related, but this is my favorite kid

Bugs

Inerita, Thanks for the vote. Wink Did I mention I collapsed crossing the finishline in that race. You'd think I learn. Brian, My first thought was, "He looks hot"...OK take it anyway you want. I had a pitstop on my nice 8 mile run, that involved me sitting my ass and shorts in a pile of cocklebur weeds. These are not your friends:

Bugs

evanflein

Ok, lots of fun stuff to send me off! Heading to the airport soon, just e-mailed my niece to remind her we're coming (hey, you never know...). Wish my foot felt better, but it is what it is. See you on the other side, guys!

Oh Mighty Wing

Yeah Erika!! Comin to my time zone!! Mr. I - you are a handsome dude! And your favorite kid is a might pretty chickie!! I have no good pictures for you guys because the only race I've run with pictures I was smiling! LOL It was at my half I was soaked but soo proud! So I didn't run it hard enough to have a gutting it out moment.

Bugs

GOOD LUCK ERIKA! Have fun!!!

Bugs

Kimmie

Hey Mr. I, I just noticed that your favorite kid is running alongside of you in that picture. I love that! WOO HOO ERIKA!!! go knock 'em dead in NY!! I am not running AGAIN today... still trying to let my toe heal. I really want to run, it's just a toe, right? But, I think it just may be smarter to wait a bit. Especially since I am going to be jumping back in to training for another marathon.

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - it probably depends on what's wrong with your toe. One girl has a hurt toe and her PT told her she can run till pain as much as she likes. So till pain gets her 6 miles. So I guess it just depends on what's wrong.