Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

ITS FRIDAY. POST YOUR WEIGHTS

Bugs

I am not running AGAIN today... still trying to let my toe heal. I really want to run, it's just a toe, right? But, I think it just may be smarter to wait a bit. Especially since I am going to be jumping back in to training for another marathon.
      Kimmie, I'm sure everything will be fine, just be careful. I had all kinds of new aches with my feet during my recovery. I had to cut-back and just see what each day brings, but now they are fine. Don't know how they know we need 26 days of recovery but it has been right on everytime for me. Doc called, biospy was inconclussive, recommend removing lymph node. I'm running FAR the morning of that appointment.

Bugs

Mom had a few lymph nodes out last year (melanoma, all turned out OK), said it wasn't super fun, but not horrible. Not sure about the running, she wasn't allowed to drink anything after midnight the night before . . . Definitely sending some good vibes your way. Shin's not happy again, this always happens the week after a race. So, took Monday and yesterday off, only 4 today. There's a Mock Marathon tomorrow where we can run upto 20 miles on the actual course. Don't think I'll go real far since the marathon is in 2 weeks, maybe 10 or 12. The last 4-5 miles are the challenge, so want to run that part for sure.

Oh Mighty Wing

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Bugs Neck }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Bugs

Brian, That's good to know. I'm not as freaked about it as I was when I first found the lumps.... Shan, You may beat me on the streak deal yet. Wink Easy 3.5 today, I was a little dehyrdrated. Lovely weather here, so I'll head out again later.

Bugs

Ive gotta get out tonight. Yesterday was a scheduled run day but I had a football game to go to so I pushed tonight--forgetting about Trick or Treat. So, it will be my typical late run after everyone is in. My ankle leg has been funky lately. Ok after I warm up to run. Achy when I walk.

Hail to The Victors!

Easy 3.5 today, I was a little dehyrdrated. Lovely weather here, so I'll head out again later.
                The Midwest is getting a streak of great weather, isn't it? It was 55 here when I got out, and when I talked to my Mom in MN (Adrian) she said it was supposed to be 65 there this afternoon. Indian Summer, here we come! Hopefully it lasts a couple of weeks before it crashes.

Bugs

jhall, (I have you an abbreviation) Weather is awesome. Wow did I loose my tan quickly, but still great to wear shorts again. Had a nice 6 mile run tonight. Weird how easy it is to build miles with doubles.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

wow bugs! that's great!!!

Dave

And Bugs has also been running in world class events. Tell me this isn't her (lifted from deep in the swamp), here: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum/Post/05be748c5fdc47af9d2fbe97b724654a#focus

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Nah, if that was bugs she'd be in front. I ran 11.5 rolling miles this morning. I piled on quite a few miles this week. Since I've been feeling quite good, I decided to go for broke and just keep piling on until my body pushed back. It did just that today around the 8.5 mile mark. Time to ease up.
                          My musles have been very sore this week. I think they are arguing for rest. They will get it--but just in the form of very easy miles. Doesnt feel any worse after running..So I think its just general soreness from adding miles after doing the marathon. I am going to modify my long run from 16 to 12 on Sunday. That actually follows the HH 6 week between marathon plan..but I tried to jump into the 8 mile between plan. So, between now and then..the schedule will be alternating 4 and 6 mile runs four times a week, and long run on Sunday..up to 18 or 20, in two weeks, and back down to 12 before the marathon.
                          Kimmie

love that picture Dave. Ran 3 miles today on the treadmill... my toe is healed but I am being safe and it killed me to only run 3. What the heck do I do with all of this pent up energy? Smile I will run with my client tomorrow- hoping for a 33 min. 5K for her- and then Monday it will be back to normal running. Can't wait to hear how Erika does... weather looks great.

Hail to The Victors!

Had a nice 6 mile run tonight. Weird how easy it is to build miles with doubles.
                              It sure is. It's amazing how much more you can get done in 9 or 10 runs than with 6 or 7. MTA: Long run was 18 this week. I just felt weird throughout today, almost discombobulated. Possibly my slowest effort of the fall, thankfully, it's the long run, so slow is in, right? A combination of either one of two things may have been why: 1. Massage on Thursday, and I possibly didn't drink enough yesterday to fully recover. 2. New, heavier shoes. I just bought a pair of Wave Nirvana 4s to replace my Air Zoom Vomeros, and I swear that they are a lot heavier (they are not as flexible, for sure). I think its 11 oz vs 12.7 oz, but it seems to be a really huge difference running 18 miles. 10 weeks til Disney. So close, but so far away!

Oh Mighty Wing

J - we all need a slow day here or there to remind us that we really are speedier than we use to be!! Smile My run the last two days = grumble grumble... The only thing making me feel like it's ok is that i've decided to actually run long tomorrow... 6 miles... yup that's right... a 6 mile long run... Smile