Marathon Trainers

10/27-11/2 (Read 337 times)

Dave

Shan, I'm willing to bet I've run less Big grin. You're going to do great tomorrow. Take it easy and enjoy it. Jhallum, nice 18. I found myself really struggling in that 6 week before marathon time. I think you're smart to run easy on those long ones because it probably means that you won't need any recovery next week. I would always bomb them and then need 3 or 4 days of recovery and my total miles suffered. Nothing for me today on an absolutely gorgeous fall day. Trying to really let myself heal up. Will probably give in and run some tomorrow morning. I'm going to go deliberately easy for a while (famous last words) and try to rebuild my base before starting the next training cycle.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Awesome Shan. Enjoy it. Dont push too hard. Felt much much better today. No real soreness for the first time in a few runs. Ended up doing a tempo run. Last mile was my fastest. 6 miles.

Bugs

Dave, Thanks for pointing me to the swamp post. That's hilarious. I don't look anything like her though. JHall, Yes the 9-10 runs really adds up miles. I'll probably go over 50 this week with my longest run just 10 miles. I think it's good training for me now. I'm finding (just like Nobby said) the junk miles keep your legs activated. Hope your next run feels better. Nothing wrong with cutting back on miles a tish for some added recovering. Wish I had done that several times last season to bang out some faster miles. Shan, Wow 6 miles. Cool. Murphy, Glad the legs are feeling better. My advice any time your legs feel real sluggish jog 20-30 minutes and quit. If it's early in the day you can try again later. The warm-up jogs can really help. Went to Mall of America today, took kids to amusement park. I had won wrist bands at a race this summer and wanted to use them before the x-mas madness. We had a blast. I feel like a bloated pig and not the professional runner I am in my other life. Wink

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the 6... it's 12:50 am... i'm just getting home... i've bailed on meeting to run at 8am. It won't be pretty even if I made it up at that time and I don't want to do that to the girl who said she would hang back with me. Crap now I have to do the run some other way... crap... damn I need sleep... ps I ate WAY to much today and now my intestines hurt and my acid reflux is killer!
          Cashmason

Picked up the running shoes I won in a raffle last year, today. The guy in the store, ran the Long Beach Full in 2:26 and was 4th overall. Runs a 5k in less than 15 minutes. He runs that faster than I will swim a half mile tomorrow. But at least I get to see the fish in the lake. Hope to hit the "Yay I didn't drown button" after I get out, then the fun part of the race, the bike and the run.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - you are gonna do awesome!!!!

Dave

Good luck, Cash! Tracking link for Erika and a couple of other RA'ers here: http://athletetracker.ingnycmarathon.org/index.php?a=t&tl=10026x7553x17018&tmpl=&s=&o=

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

dave you are the man!! Now i don't have to work to follow those 3! Big grin

Dave

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Erika is doing well!! 25:26 through the 5k!

Dave

And has picked it up just a bit. 50:38 at the 10K. Doing great. MTA: 15K @ 1:16:39, 20K @ 1:43:05, HM Split @ 1:48:59 Awesome. Looks like a 3:35 or so pace.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

YEAH ERIKA!

Dave

3:57:34. New York is a tough one. Great job, Erika!! Hope you foot is OK. Time to heal that sucker up.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

i hope her foot didn't give her too many issues.

Hail to The Victors!

Jhallum, nice 18. I found myself really struggling in that 6 week before marathon time. I think you're smart to run easy on those long ones because it probably means that you won't need any recovery next week. I would always bomb them and then need 3 or 4 days of recovery and my total miles suffered.
                                Yeah, When I saw it peek above 50 today, I had enough energy to sneak in a short easy run today. I don't think I would have had that energy had I gone faster yesterday. It was complete junk miles (are there junk miles when you train for a marathon?), but it felt good. Congrats to Erika and the rest of the NYC folk today. It looked like a pretty sweet day for a marathon!