Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/28/2010 (Read 199 times)

Bugs

Tired and sore, and not running until evening. Just thought I'd start this for once.

So you do get tired. Nice to see that side of you.

Hym... I feel good, although I'm a little drunk on M&Ms. What would be a good long run distance for me to shoot for this weekend, but be stupid?

Bugs

Hawt and sexy

Got my package from zombierunner today. I ran in the Injini socks. I like them so I need a backup pair. The ginger chews are yummy. Smartwools are iffy. I have a blinky light so everyone can see me at night.

I need honey and bottles of pop. Oh, and a night pacer. Well, I would prefer a night pacer. I think that someone's hubby might get overwhelmed by to chicks that are not lucid.

I'm touching your pants.

theyapper

On the road again...

45 minutes this morning.  Hoping for the "cold" front that's supposed to come through here any day now.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Quick check in this morning. Hope everyone is having a good week leading up to the holiday weekend. 3 miles for me last night on the treadmill. Looking forward to getting my garmin back.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Murphy, that's nice when your legs are feeling good and strong. Enjoy it! And glad your back is better, but sure hope little Ava gets better. Probably harder on the parents.

Perry, wow. 6:30 and 5:50 warm up miles? Holy crap, dude. That on a track? Who is this girl?

M&M's. Thanks, Bugs. Now that's stuck in my head as a craving. Go with how your legs feel. You know, the reverse taper kind of thing.

Work has been crazy busy the last couple of weeks. Hoping it settles down a bit after this week. We have a new fiscal year starting tomorrow (July 1) so things get nuts a couple weeks before and after. I did run 6.1 last night and it was ok. Felt faster (i.e., harder) than it was which is usually the opposite to how my runs have been going. Will try to get out for an easy run with some striders today, then a 1 mile race tomorrow. It's cloudy, cool and damp out, good for long distance but not good for speed (for me), so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks erika. Good luck getting through work. the next week..

Ava is doing better. Shes back at daycare today. Goes to the ENT doc next week I think. Not sure if she'll get tubes then, or the following week.

Changed my lunchtime route. Traffic seemed to be getting heavier on the normal run. Got tired of dodging cars. Found a great route that takes me to the community center that I didnt know existed. Theres a 3/4 mile loop there that I ran a few laps on. Theres also a dirt trail that is apparently very hilly and quite the workout that I may give a try tomorrow.

Theres a 5k on the 3rd on my normal running trail by my house. Im thinking of racing it. Ive actually never ran a 5k before. Kind of curious what kind of time I can run. If it goes the direction I think it does it would be very flat.

evanflein

Sometimes the first one is just a good way to find out what your 5k pace is. All the calculators and estimators in the world won't beat actually running the distance in a race setting. I posted a reply to your question in the master's forum. It'll be interesting to see what sort of answers you get. Bugs is good at 5k's and likes them. I suck at them and don't care for them. But, I've committed to work on shorter races and speed work a bit this summer, and so far so good (peeled 10 seconds off my previous 5k PR).

Hey, I see Spareribs responded. He's got good info for you.

I'm thinking of entering the Independence Day 5k here on Sunday. Hesitating because it's up to $20 and I'm a cheapskate. The 10k I just ran cost just $15... and came with a nice shirt! But, it's a fundraiser for my son's high school cross country team, so what the heck.

Just got back from my lunchtime run... 5.5 miles in 44 minutes (almost exactly), with mile 3 including 5 x 30 second "striders" that were just about all out. One thing for sure: I can't keep that up for a mile! Temps were 60°, skies were very cloudy and gray, humidity just over 80% which is humid for us. Very sweaty run.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have a blinky light too, but haven't used it in a long time -- I love the long, long days.

I'd take advantage of a 5K that went right by my house (or any other distance that  did).

The kid I was running on the track with is a college runner; them youths, they get faster every year; us old ppl, maybe not Smile

Just popped up to get water and a snack; back to bed now.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

Woke up this morning hoping to step outside into cooler temps and less humidity, but no.  Still low 70s and near 100% humidity, so I ran an hour with my RP, covered a 10k, and looked like I'd been swimming.  Good run, though, best I've felt during a run in awhile.  Must be something to running with others that makes the time go quicker.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Got my garmin back from garmin.  Looks brand new and only cost me $79 as a warranty repair.  Good thing too.  The old one's buttons were worn through.  Maybe I should run more.

3 miles last night.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Heh.. just got my confirmation back for Saturday's marathon in Kirksville, MO.  68 are registered for the 1/2.  12 are registered for the full. 

What would you like to bet that at least 10 of the 12 are in my 45 - 49 age group?

$200.00 is the prize for first place overall.  It could be a lonely run to a DFL. 

The run is chip timed with 26 stations (yes, one at every mile) having water and gatorade.  Seven stations will also have gel and four stations will have toilets. 

The guy riding up with me is at least under 45.   He is faster  than me so should  I ditch him to improve my 1 in 12 chance for the $200.00? I mean really, with only 12 people that race could come down to attrition if I can roller derby my way through the first 4-miles effectively enough.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

26 stations for 12 runners? Im tempted to run that so I can say I finished 13th overall in a marathon.

Happy Camper

It's a loop course.  1 loop = 13.1 miles so you run past the  aid stations twice.  I'm still tempted to run with the handheld.  Inaugural races can be adventures.  I hope it goes well and  they continue holding it.  It would be nice having to have more  marathons closer to home.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Hawt and sexy

I have a blinky armband and a blinky light. I can set them to not blink though. Smile

12 in a marathon? I would so consider that a potential race for me if it keeps going. Small races are nice.

Tomorrow is Hershey Park day. How do I log that?

I'm touching your pants.

Dave

Tomorrow is Hershey Park day. How do I log that?

Make sure you wear your Garmin so that we can see the route of the roller coasters.  I'd log it as "other" or "jog mowing".

dgb2n@yahoo.com