Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/5 (Read 355 times)

I may also be spouseless. THe DWs job took a week of vacation away from everyone. But added a week of sick time. So basically people will be calling in sick much more often and they wont be prepared for the absences. Companies are stupid. Got my run in. 3 miles. Plus 24 minutes on the bike. Would have ran more, but the shins were feeling it. I would like a break from the indoor track. 9 days and counting.

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - are you making sure to change directions? off day for me - i think i'm gonna go acquaint myself with the stationary bike.

Happy Camper

Shan: Love the bike for a workout. I have been wanting a trainer but would have to clear space in the garage for setup which would be another workout. I'm ready for warmer weather and longer daylight to hit the road again. Rest day again for me. Did core workout this morning. It will be good and windy tomorrow if the forecast is right. Upper 20's won't be too bad to race in. Hope our Florida racers are enjoying themselves.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

GOOD LUCK JEREMY AND ERIKA!!!!!! Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

GOOD LUCK JEREMY AND ERIKA!!!!! P2R - we'll see how I like it. I've tried the stationary bike before and it hurt my knee... but i'm hopeful. Maybe if I do that for a while I might one day think about a real bike - real bike's scare me - I chipped my heel in 4th grade and have only been on a bike once since then. Odd though as I'm not concerned at all about motocycles. So I just checked out the course for my race - and I fear the worst might have happened - we have to go through this one park - twice - and it contains a very large hill... maybe they will take us around it, but I sort of doubt it... good thing is that I believe the rest of it is pretty flat. We'll see... So my goals for the race are even splits and a strong finish. I'm thinking 9:15's - which is what I did for the 10K and just see how long I can hold those for. I donno - I'm not really sure how to figure out the what I want to run thing... course some of that depends on if my calves loosen up. also it's funny i've been feeling like i've been running much faster lately - like at least a minute or so, but really I have not - I log stalked myself today - that kinda makes me sad. Over the course of the last 2 months I am actually faster. Amazing what a little consistancy will do for a person. (hopefully this will show you my data and not your data.

Dave

Here's the gouge on the race course, Shan. http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=2114 Looks like a pretty good hill from miles 2 to 4 1/2, then flat until 7 1/2, then down to the finish. 552 feet total climb. That doesn't even register on the monkey scale. MTA: My HM last may was 670 ft. I stand corrected. This will be interesting.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Murphy - are you making sure to change directions? off day for me - i think i'm gonna go acquaint myself with the stationary bike.
                The direction changes every 2 days during the week, and every other day on the weekends. So, I go with the traffic. I plan on doing more x-training. A little time on the bike is a good extra workout. I may get myself to the pool this weekend and do some laps as well.

Oh Mighty Wing

Murphy - makes sense to go with traffic. At least it does change. My knees woudl hurt doing that many laps the same direction. Dave - the hill in Rockford is a monster - if the one I am thinking of is on there. Otherwise Wilmington isn't that bad - course we shall see... i might change all opinions of the city after that.

Dave

At least the hill is early in the race. And we should get a nice boost downhill at mile 7. There's an evil little uphill near the end though. I think I feel a cough coming on Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

At least the hill is early in the race. And we should get a nice boost downhill at mile 7. There's an evil little uphill near the end though. I think I feel a cough coming on Evil grin
                      weeny. I only posted because I thought it would be polite to give you notice.

Bugs

Murphy, About job, we always out live these types. Eat their crap for a few months than sit back and smile as they get moved to positions like "chief scientiest" or suddenly they just happen to decide to resign. Trust me these guys are like the weather in MN, don't like it, hang around it will change. Dave, Dam you, I had my mind made up. You know the last time I was in D.C. was the worst hair days of my life. (Perm + humidty = Yuck)

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave, Dam you, I had my mind made up. You know the last time I was in D.C. was the worst hair days of my life. (Perm + humidty = Yuck)
                          oh sure don't give any credit to those of us who tried to encourage... Dave - it's a good thing I've still got more miles going on than you this week...

Bugs

Shan, Hate to be left out, even if it's a cursing? Dave, Suck it and run that hill. It's nothing to Army guy.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Shan, Hate to be left out, even if it's a cursing?
                              Yeah well you know - I am like a 3 year old! Big grin

Bugs

Yeah well you know - I am like a 3 year old! Big grin
                                Fine, dam you too. Big grin

Bugs