Connecticut Runners

2015 Who's Racing Where - Post 'Em if You Got 'Em (Read 15 times)

Good luck tomorrow Phil! Streets should be plowed for a PR...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    Baboon

delicate flower

Good luck tomorrow Phil! Streets should be plowed for a PR...

1:32:58.  1:29 PR.  Beat my Savin Rock time from last year by almost six minutes.  The streets were good for the first 7 miles and shitty for the last 6.  The snow got heavier as the race progressed.  No clear road to run on the last four miles....plenty of slush and slippage underfoot.  BUT, I rocked it today, yo.

<3

Way to go, man. Congrats.

Moonstruck

Amazing!  Congratulations on the PR in such difficult conditions.

yond

Good job.  The weather was really bad yesterday.

I did Boston Blowout 30K today.  The weather was kind of perfect but I failed to break 2hr because I got lost on the course. Sad

1:32:58.  1:29 PR.  Beat my Savin Rock time from last year by almost six minutes.  The streets were good for the first 7 miles and shitty for the last 6.  The snow got heavier as the race progressed.  No clear road to run on the last four miles....plenty of slush and slippage underfoot.  BUT, I rocked it today, yo.

Yond, even with getting lost extra time on the first lap, that's a great result. Very even 2nd and 3rd laps...looks like you are in a good spot for a solid Boston result. I look forward to hearing about your performance there. Did you get a chance to talk to the winner (Kevin Hoyt)? He is an excellent runner from my town and a really nice guy.

Congrats.

yond

Thanks Kevin.  I used this 30K as a MP test, not an all-out race.  So getting lost on the first lap was not that frustrating Smile.

And Yes, I had a brief talk with the young guy and he was really fast.  Hopefully I can be at his level some day.  Is he on RA too?

Yond, even with getting lost extra time on the first lap, that's a great result. Very even 2nd and 3rd laps...looks like you are in a good spot for a solid Boston result. I look forward to hearing about your performance there. Did you get a chance to talk to the winner (Kevin Hoyt)? He is an excellent runner from my town and a really nice guy.

Congrats.

Yond - he's not on RA that I know of. He sure has been tearing up that Boston Build up series though. I think I would need a time-machine to be at his level.

And in the forecast for Saturday morning....SNOW SHOWERS!!! YEAH!!! At least there's only 3.1 miles of snow flurries to run though for me, unlike Baboon's 13.1 miles of fun last week...

Baboon

delicate flower

And in the forecast for Saturday morning....SNOW SHOWERS!!! YEAH!!! At least there's only 3.1 miles of snow flurries to run though for me, unlike Baboon's 13.1 miles of fun last week...

For chrissakes.  Two weeks ago I ran 17 miles in 37 degrees and a downpour (that sucked).  Last weekend was a HM in the snow.  Now I've got 20 planned for this Saturday morning.  What the focking hell.

Good luck with your race, Kevin!

<3

run-chris-run

Sick and tired of this snow... I'm headed to Danbury on Sunday for the 5K, the skies look like they'll be clear by then, and hopefully the roads won't be all that slick. I've had my sights set on this one for the past year as a sure PR, but only if the weather cooperates...

Awesome. I like that Danbury course. Double loop, but pretty flat overall. And the only good side about worse weather there is hopefully you won't have to deal with a lot of park-going traffic. 2 years ago (?) we had to dodge cars trying to leave on the course - and they were going the wrong way on the road. It was a bit dicey. Still - that's a good fast race. Good luck!

run-chris-run

I remember the 2013 race (and the traffic!) -- you had a good minute+ on me, that was my (still current) PR that day. Hoping to hit < 18:00 and cross my name off the sub-18 thread. Good luck Saturday!

Stole the win by a fraction of a second at the line. 17:37. Really nasty conditions out there today, and a little dicey in spots, but given the snow, wind and cold, I'll take this and build on it. Fun race though. Firefighters did it in full gear (masks and tanks and everything). Awesome.

spring

Hurray for spring!

Hip Redux

Sweet!

Yeah, this "spring" is more like winter part two.