Drinkers with a Running Problem

What do you drink for Thanksgiving? (Read 355 times)

On On

Though I tend to drink beer on most occasion it seems at major holidays I switch to wine. For thanksgiving we almost always have a beaujolais nouveau. Looking forward to tomorrow, sitting around after a nice run in the morning, watching football, making food in the kitchen and just relaxing.

Prince of Fatness

For me it's always beer. Maybe some scotch every now and then, but that's rare. I just bought a case of Long Trail Harvest Brown Ale for this weekend.

Not at it at all. 

Renee the dog

What I drink for Thanksgiving is highly dependent on who's coming or where I'm going. With certain relatives, the answer is: Anything I can get my hands on... I don't drink wine much anymore -- since I became a runner, it doesn't agree with my system much. But, I'll get some bubbly out for Thanksgiving, have a couple glasses, then have a beer to cleanse my system. Wink Something dark and tasty! Enjoy everyone!!! P.S. If I'm cooking, then we start with some spirits in the coffee, you know, to take the edge off of all the stress of cooking. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Queen of 3rd Place

+1 on the beaujolais nouveau - at least when I've been the hostess - both red and white wine drinkers like it, it *seems* festive, and it's cheap! This year at Auntie's house I know there will be Shiner Bock from Uncle's hometown Smile Arla

Ex runner

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Anything I can get my hands on. Start the day out with Bailey's and coffee, and keep it rolling from there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm a beer guy, and this is a great time of year because it is the transition to the dark, roasted flavors of the winter ales and the porters. Yum... I picked up a case of Weyerbacher Winter Ale (Easton, PA) - one of my favorites of all time - for the long weekend. The only deviation to my routine is that if the mood strikes, I may have some Bailey's after dinner. Alcohol, football, food, family... nice.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Prince of Fatness

Weyerbacher Winter Ale (Easton, PA)
                I'm right across the river from Easton and have yet to try any of the Weyerbacher beers. I'll have to make a point of it in the near future.

Not at it at all. 

On On

I'm right across the river from Easton and have yet to try any of the Weyerbacher beers. I'll have to make a point of it in the near future.
                  You ever go to Ship Inn? That place has great beer too.
                    Please... do yourself a big favor...

Prince of Fatness

You ever go to Ship Inn? That place has great beer too.
                      No. Ship in is in Exton, not Easton. That's down in Chester County.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Please... do yourself a big favor...
                        I sampled some Winter Ales today. They were very good. Thanks for the kick in the ass.

Not at it at all. 

I sampled some Winter Ales today. They were very good. Thanks for the kick in the ass.
                          Awesome. Glad I could be of service. Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

beaujolais nouveau.
                            The 2008 BN was especially mediocre and costly. Almost not worth drinking. Almost.
                              Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon. I practically drank the whole dern thing too. Evil grin

"So of cheerfulness, and good temper, the more it is spent, the more remains." R.W. Emerson

Beer, wine, port, bourban, and more beer. I just posted I gained 5 lbs over the corse of last week. Must have been all those Newcastle's. Blush

- Anya