Drinkers with a Running Problem

Upland Secret Barrel Society (Read 65 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Happy to cash ya. And yeah, the usual please.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For the first time ever, Upland Brewing Co will be releasing its first beer brewed with an edible flower. Our newest sour ale, Viola, gives our classic oak aged sour ale a new twist using fresh viola flowers. The beer’s enticing floral aromas and flavors are best enjoyed with seafood, sushi, or dark chocolate. With a focus on utilizing locally sourced ingredients, Upland has collaborated with our friends at Oliver Winery in Bloomington, Indiana to create Vinosynth White and Vinosynth Red. These collaboration bottles are a unique combination of Upland Sours aged on Indiana grown grapes. Vinosynth Red is aged on Catawba grapes and Vinosynth White is aged on Vidal Blanc grapes from the Oliver Creekside Vineyards. We’re excited to share this unique creation that celebrates the artisanship and love of local ingredients our two companies share. This release is rounded out with sour favorites Sour Reserve #5 and Blackberry Lambic. In celebration of these new releases, Upland is also excited to announce our next sour lottery! The lottery will begin at noon on June 24th and will remain open until noon on June 30th. This lottery includes Sour Reserve #5, Viola, Blackberry Lambic, Vinosynth White, and Vinosynth Red. For additional details about this sour lottery head to www.uplandsours.eventbrite.com.

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

How did I not know about this Upland pool?  If you need help purchasing the limit I would be glad to participate and either provide cash or California brews in return.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Welcome! Typically what we do is everybody who is interested also enters the lottery and then we pool all the bottles from the society and the lottery. Typically I have taken all the extras, just as you're suggesting, but we can certainly split them :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Also,  it appears that there's not a lot of interest in this round. Is that correct folks?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Blackberry Sour Reserve #5 VinoSynth Red VinoSynth White Viola
              WhoDat  1  1  1  1  1
              EricM  1  1  1  1  1
              Trent  1+  1+  1+  1+  1+
              Finn  1  1    1  
              Spaniel          
              C-R          
              dirtrnr  1+  1+  1+  1+  1+
              Total  5  5  4  5  4

This is how it appears so far. Looks like we should all hit the lottery next week to try and get enough for all Smile

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

How did I not know about this Upland pool?  If you need help purchasing the limit I would be glad to participate and either provide cash or California brews in return.

They brew beer in California?

The more the merrier. Trent has dibs on extras. We have someone that drives from Indy to Nashville pretty regularly and it gets impractical to ship more than 5 or 6 bombers at a time.

I think C-R said he'd take a VinoSynth White. I don't remember now. My brain was a bit oxygen deprived at the time. Spaniel has opted out of this round.

MTA: Fixed typo

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel has opted out of this round.

I can still put into the lottery if needed, so it's a win for everyone else.  I've cut back on beer and the scale is thanking me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thank you. Yes. It would be great if everyone can join the lottery to help out our newest member. I'm also happy to handle the shipping out to California  I do that quite a bit.

Prince of Fatness

Whodat, it is going to be a while until I can come up with $75 worth of beer.  I have some smaller items to ship out to Indy.  When I finalize that box I will also mail you a check for the difference.  That OK?

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Whodat, it is going to be a while until I can come up with $75 worth of beer.  I have some smaller items to ship out to Indy.  When I finalize that box I will also mail you a check for the difference.  That OK?

That's cool. I've got so much beer to work through right now that it'll be a while before I'm looking for new beer. Except for homebrews. I'll always take homebrews 

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

That's cool. I've got so much beer to work through right now that it'll be a while before I'm looking for new beer. Except for homebrews. I'll always take homebrews 

I'm playing catch up with the homebrews at the moment but I got some stuff from Carton and Weyerbacher I need to send to you (need to wait for Weyerbacher's anniversary beer, should be real soon).  I'll let you know when I ship and send the check .... will be towards the end of the month.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

He's got so much he managed to "forget" a few in my fridge so that I take up storage until the next tasting party.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Dirtrnr

We don't need no stinkin

Thank you. Yes. It would be great if everyone can join the lottery to help out our newest member. I'm also happy to handle the shipping out to California  I do that quite a bit.

Awesome.  Let me know what you want in return.  I am sure I have a few you have not had.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sour Lottery opens today at noon.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/upland-sour-lottery-pick-up-7-16-to-7-30-tickets-11871292355?aff=eorg

Put in for as many of each variety as allowed even if you don't want any for yourself. We have enough in my allocation for everyone, but Trent and possibly Dirtrnr will take any extra.

Good Luck!