Drinkers with a Running Problem

Next Party? (Read 569 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*snerk* Thanks, George.
    Call me lame, but dropping the "Thoorgood Drinking Alone" bomb never gets old for me. Nor does drinking alone, for that matter.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Scout7

Oh, if I call you lame (which I probably will at some point), it won't be because of that. You'll give me plenty of other reasons to call you lame. I'm sure of it.
        *dancing around the room singing* I'm going to a party, I'm going to a party, gonna play some beer pong, probably gonna get drunk... (okay, well not DRUNK, but pretty tipsy) Big grin Party is on Saturday night....most likely gonna feel sick on Sunday morning. Tongue

Michelle

Scout7

*dancing around the room singing* I'm going to a party, I'm going to a party, gonna play some beer pong, probably gonna get drunk... (okay, well not DRUNK, but pretty tipsy) Big grin Party is on Saturday night....most likely gonna feel sick on Sunday morning. Tongue
          Wanna go for a long run, or maybe do some intervals on Sunday?
            Wanna go for a long run, or maybe do some intervals on Sunday?
            Wanna see me throw up? Tongue

Michelle

Scout7

Wanna see me throw up? Tongue
              Oh, now.....
                *party dance*

Michelle

Scout7

Generally, I try to keep the puking for races, not training. But it's not unheard of.
                    Generally, I try to keep the puking for races, not training. But it's not unheard of.
                    I have never gotten sick during, or after a race, but maybe that just proves that I haven't pushed myself hard enough yet... Big grin

Michelle

Scout7

I've done both. Not really recommending it. Vomiting is not really all that much fun. Most recently, I did it at the 5k mark for the Penn Relays Distance Classic. Ran much better after that.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've full-on puked in only one race, a 15k. At 9 miles, I was smiling and waving to friends in the crowd. 0.3 miles later at the finish line after kicking, it was a full-on technicolor yawn. Dead I think I may have puked a little in my first cross country race, but that was a dry-heave for the most part. I've puked / dry-heaved a lot more in training. Some of these have been out of stupidity (32oz chocolate malt, hurled it up a mile later without breaking stride), but mostly out of pushing it in speed workouts. Repeat 400s and 800s have been the source of many a dry-heave. My favorite dry-heave/puke training moment was freshman year of college. After not running much first semester, I decided to get back into track shape that winter. After only a few weeks of consistent running, I went to the track and did 6x800. In retrospect, I must have had a lot of residual fitness from the end HS track the previous spring, because every one of those 800's was under between 2:30~2:40. Except the last one, where I stopped to dry heave with 200m to go. But here's the best part -- I pulled myself together, sprinted the last 200m as hard as I could, and full-on hurled at the finish. I can only dream of having that kind of determination now.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I really haven't been pushing myself hard enough... I have never felt like throwing up after running. Not that I want to. Tongue

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have never felt like throwing up after running. Not that I want to. Tongue
                            Yeah, I don't definitely want to throw up, either. But it does seem to be a sign of significant exertion. In running and drinking. Wink

Oh, oh, I have a pukey story! (and a PICTURE to go with it!) At the end of the VA Beach Rock and Roll HM, I chucked. Not my fault! What did they serve on the course? AMINO VITAL. It tasted awful (to me) --- something like salt water and ciggerate butts in lemon flavored water. Dead I crossed the finish line and stopped to lean over. They kept trying to move me along because other runners were finishing and I just chucked all over my shoes (fortuantnly, it was only liquid). After that I frolicked in the ocean and that pretty much cleaned eveything up. Here I am, smiling as I PR: and then, ready to puke:
                              2009: BQ?
                                I'm going out tomorrow night, after EIGHT HOURS of a written practice past (maryland bar, essay portion) ... I doubt I'll even be able to stay awake, but it IS for a friend's birthday, and I COULD use a beer after all those hours of heasay exceptions ... and contract formation ... and the fourth amendment ... and! Dead
                                2009: BQ?