Drinkers with a Running Problem

How many times per week ? (Read 343 times)

Renee the dog

Ever since I started running, wine's been out (so my wallet is fatter!). But, geeze, I drink almost every day. I love beer and rum and tequila. LOVE THEM. They help me not kill my kids. Big grin I'm looking to lose about 5 lbs. or so now, so I'll stop drinking on nights before running. So drink 3 days, skip 4 days. Just a couple drinks at most. I'm 43...I fall asleep at more than 2. Blush

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

PWL

Has been

fixed. Dude, she eats for two. So you should drink for two. Get back out there trooper...
      But I was drinking for three before she got pregnant. And she was drinking for 2.628 people. So then I would have to do calculus to figure out how many fluid oz of beer to drink and then I would have to convert it to Kelvins or whatever if it was a Canadian beer. Now my head hurts. I need a beer.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Generally a drink or two a day. Usually beer. Having a New Castle as I write this. As part of my Boston training, I have excluded hard liquor for February, which happens to be the shortest month of the year. I can't say that I can tell any training impact. In fact: I have a cold. Wasn't sick with the liquor.

Queen of 3rd Place

Not as much as I used to! Most days I have zero - two drinks (usually beer or wine). But back in the day...yikes...I'm surprised my liver is still here to tell the tale... Arla

Ex runner

Fool

I only drink on days of the week ending in 'y'...
              My husband and I are both slacking in the drinking department. We used to drink without fail every Friday night. Now there are weekends that go by without one single beer being opened. It should be a crime. Sad

Michelle

My husband and I are both slacking in the drinking department. We used to drink without fail every Friday night. Now there are weekends that go by without one single beer being opened. It should be a crime. Sad
                That is a crime. You may risk exclusion from this forum. I prescribe a six pack this weekend.
                  That is a crime. You may risk exclusion from this forum. I prescribe a six pack this weekend.
                  OH NO, not THAT!!! Big grin Such an evil punishment! Maybe I'll get started on it tonight, will that be okay? Kids might end up having a snow day tomorrow so I might get to sleep in (since my work closes when the schools close). SOOOO, that could mean I could have a few tonight. Yes

Michelle

Sounds like a plan. You are redeemed.
                      Sounds like a plan. You are redeemed.
                      I like your redemption process. Smile

Michelle

Salvation: Only a six pack away Smile
                          Salvation: Only a six pack away Smile
                          Enjoyed two so far! Big grin Hoping for that snow day tomorrow. MTA: Two beers, not two six packs! Roll eyes

Michelle

I knew you meant beers. That's what I had too. I'm west of you, in Pittsburgh, so get ready for some crappy weather. Just started snowing here about an hour ago. Grrr. I have to drive about 45 minutes tomorrow to fight a speeding ticket. I may have been speeding, I can't say for sure, but I always try to obey signs. I just want to prevent insurance-raising points. So I hope there's not too much snow.
                              I knew you meant beers. That's what I had too. I'm west of you, in Pittsburgh, so get ready for some crappy weather. Just started snowing here about an hour ago. Grrr. I have to drive about 45 minutes tomorrow to fight a speeding ticket. I may have been speeding, I can't say for sure, but I always try to obey signs. I just want to prevent insurance-raising points. So I hope there's not too much snow.
                              I'm not in the mood for the yucky driving conditions that this mess will bring, but it will be nice to have the day with the kids if the schools are closed. I have never *knock on wood* had a speeding ticket. I got a warning once when I was 17, but that was it. BUT now that I've said that...I'll get one in the near future. Great, I just jinxed myself. Big grin

Michelle

Guilty to 5 mph over limit. No points. A victory in my book.