Drinkers with a Running Problem

Sam Adam's White Ale (Read 306 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Tried this last night. Light and refreshing. It's the 3rd of their four seasonal brew that I've tried. So far, I rank them thusly: 1. Winter Lager 2. Oktoberfest (fall) 3. White Ale (spring) Upcoming is the Summer Ale, which I believe has a hint of lemon. I will probably lend up putting the summer ale 3rd or 4th, if I had to guess. I like the darker, heavier styles of beer, personally. But I'd definitely recommend any and all of them.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

My ranking of them, FWIW: 1. Oktoberfest 2. White Ale 3. Winter Lager 4. Summer Ale

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

obiebyke

Sorry guys. Sam Adams is just another large scale American swill beer. (ducks and covers)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sorry guys. Sam Adams is just another large scale American swill beer. (ducks and covers)
          Well, I agree that it has become very large scale. However, calling it a swill beer puts it in the same category as Miller Lite, Budweisers, and Coors (or worse, Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's Best, etc.). And it just doesn't belong with those beers. Here in Alabama, with our stupid 6% alcohol beer law, we take what we can get...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

obiebyke

Okay, swill was a little harsh. Oh, Alabama. You just lost more points.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

PWL

Has been

My two favorites from Sam Adams are from their brewmaster collection: the Cream Stout and the Black Lager. Still like my local microbrews better though.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

No need to duck and cover. I was only ranking Sam's seasonal brews, not pledging allegiance to the brand. I wouldn't go so far as to call it swill beer. It's a good, everyday "in the fridge" beer. I think it's overpriced, and it's grown a bit big for it's britches, but that's another story. My favorites (of the Sam offerings) are the Black Lager and Brown Ale. In the beer realm, though, Sam does not crack my Top Ten.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I am big fan of their light beer. It's great, for a "light beer"

- Anya

Imminent Catastrophe

I am big fan of their light beer. It's great, for a "light beer"
                    "Great" and "light beer" should never appear in the same sentence.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"Great" and "light beer" should never appear in the same sentence.
                      How about this -- I think beer is great, except for light beer, that is."

How about this -- I think beer is great, except for light beer, that is."
                        I agree, but simply can't afford the calories. If I'm just going to have one or two, I'll spluge. But anything more than that, I'm forced to. For now, anyway. Maybe once I get down to goal weight, I'll be able to maintain it. But, since I'm not a light beer fan by any means, I have sampled them all. And like this one the BEST. for whatever that's worth Smile I'd rather be slamming a dort dark.....

- Anya