Green Bay Marathon

4 Weeks (Read 160 times)

Four weeks to go. I hope training is going well for everyone. I put my longest run in of 18 miles yesterday. That was tough. I am not as ready as i would like to be this close to the race. I have one more 20 miler then a will start my taper. I think its going to be a tough race. It will be my first marathon so my expextations are not high.

Orion Goals: 5k 18:30 10K 38:00 Marathon 3:10

I'm glad to see you're still in - especially with the injuries you had a while back. It sounds like my plan isn't too much different than yours because I ran a 19 miler two weeks ago and I'll top out at 21 miles this week, followed by what I'm now calling "the sweet taper". This is only my 2nd marathon and I haven't run one in three years, so I don't have very specific goals in mind. I guess running it in under 4 hours would be nice, but I'm just going to go out and do whatever is comfortable for me and let the time take care of itself. For me the goals are: -Survive -Don't create any permanent injuries -Finish Really in no particular order.
      Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
      JoeShort

Good idea just to try to finish if it's your first one, enjoy it and come away without any injuries so you can get back to training for the next one! Making it through training uninjured is more than half the battle, so hopefully we'll all at least be at the starting line. Only my third marathon, but I'm hoping to run a sub 3:20 to re-qualify for Boston since I qualified two years ago and it just expired. One more 20 miler this weekend, I'm thinking of running the Drake 1/2 marathon at race pace after a nice easy 7 mile warmup, get some practice running race pace and drinking on the run.