Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

SNOW!!!! (Read 451 times)

RickyB

Anyone Else haveing fun running in the snow? Dont like running in wind, but realy enjoy the snow ( :
      Was out there for 5 minutes and couldn't even catch my breath! Planning on doing either a training run in the early morning or a race in the afternoon.

RickyB

I ran 6 on a trail in the woods yesterday (only 8:50 pace) but it was awesome!!! I was flying by crosscountry skiers and snow shoers. I think they thought that i was crazy... Probably the most fun running I've ever had!
        evtish

Hey Rick.

They have a snowshoe running series.  I guess there's some special small shoesnows you can buy that are good for running on.  Looks pretty cool.  Check out doublejrunning.com, Jim Johnson's blog - that guy is really fast.

I was trying to run on the main drag yesterday, and it was a bitch.  Footing was horrible, and 15.5 miles felt like 20.  I suppose that extra effort means a good workout, but by the end I think I had a six inch "stride".  It wasn't much faster than walking.    Blecccch.  But I'm glad you're enjoying it. 

Jessica's roommate Paul does the Mountain Goat series, and says all the mountain runners do the snowshoe races in the winter.  Does sound like fun, and I think if they have a spare pair they will loan it to you so you can try it out.  You could always ask the RD.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

RickyB

YAKTRAX!

evtish

Have you used those?  I've seen them around.

RickyB

No, but I wan't some. I've also been looking for the Saucony Razor's but I can't find any stores that sell them and I don't want to buy them online without trying them on??? Anyone tried them or Know anyone that has them?
                    No, but I wan't some. I've also been looking for the Saucony Razor's but I can't find any stores that sell them and I don't want to buy them online without trying them on??? Anyone tried them or Know anyone that has them?

Hey Ricky, Have you ever ordered from Running Warehouse? I order from them all the time. They offer free 2 day shipping and free returns. They actually put the UPS return shipping label in the box. I've sent shoes back and had no issues. They have Razor's in stock right now for $115 and you can get another 15% off if you enter team discount code CP20. They come out to $97.71.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-SRZR.html

MTA: You have to enter the discount code on the home page...at the top click team discount...then enter CP20 and hit enter...you should see the discount show up in your shopping cart....If you try to enter it any other way, it doesn't work.

RickyB

NICE!!!! THANKS A LOT
                        Nice tip, did some poking around and a ton of sites have those for $135.00.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Pretty sweet looking sneakers. Would be great for trail/mountain runs.

My brother works for Vibram. I'll check to see if he can get these at a deep discountWink

If anyone is interested in trying out a pair of Vibram Five Fingers, he can get those at about 40% off retail.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/products_footwear.cfm

I've really been getting frustrated with this weather.  There is snow and ice everywhere.  I can't even run around my own block without slipping on ice.  This is damn frustrating. 

This is damn frustrating.

And damned ugly. This on the other hand, is a work of art.  But he (Run To Win on RA) lives in sunny snow and ice free Maine.  He just needs a six miler tonight to get his 22 miles on the 22nd.  Just sayin'.

E.J.