Good Times 5K of Lowell MA

2010 Wild Rover Series (Read 626 times)

Info is up for the 2010 wild rover series:

http://www.runthewildrover.com/

I ran it last year and it was alot of fun, of course I am easily sucked in from the interlocking medals Smile

Not sure yet if I can run it. I was planning to focus on loger stuff next year and do not plan to run as many short races...hopefully I can squeeze it into my schedule, but it will depend on when the first HM falls

Fil and I have these races on our schedule for 2010. Sounds like a blast!
        The Claddagh four miler always conflicts with Stu's 30K, 18.6 miles of hilly torture that is not to be missed.  And at $30 for an individual race or $75 for the series I don't have any problem passing it up.  It is fun though, maybe I'll show up after one or two of the races this year to drink Doug's beers.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

.  And at $30 for an individual race or $75 for the series I don't have any problem passing it up.  It is fun though, maybe I'll show up after one or two of the races this year to drink Doug's beers.

I hear you on the price tag..and it has gone up each year...although it is fun and very well run

I hear you on the price tag..and it has gone up each year...although it is fun and very well run

As long as you keep your hands off Doug's my beers, you can have your fun.   Smile

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

As long as you keep your hands off Doug's my beers, you can have your fun.   Smile

Hell, if you show up maybe I'll give you my beer tickets Wink

evtish

The Claddagh four miler always conflicts with Stu's 30K, 18.6 miles of hilly torture that is not to be missed.  And at $30 for an individual race or $75 for the series I don't have any problem passing it up.  It is fun though, maybe I'll show up after one or two of the races this year to drink Doug's beers.

You cheap bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I saw $75 and I was thinking the same thing.   Pay a premium for the privelege of running in the snow and ice.  Limited to a 1000 - so hurry up and enter.

I'm still seriously considering running the series. 

Do all the sweaty smelly runners fit into those little pubs?  Seems like a fire code problem.

Do all the sweaty smelly runners fit into those little pubs?  Seems like a fire code problem.

We're a close bunch, what's a little sweat between friends? I think the towns were chosen specifically because they don't even have fire codes.  

E.J.

Well I bit the bullet and dropped the coin for the series...It was a lot of fun last year. Hopefully I can beat all my times from last year, since they are pathetic. However, I'm running a HM the week before this series starts, so it will be interesting...Damn I'm really taking a chance with all these winter races.
                    evtish

I'm going to sign up.  Just haven't yet.
                        Same here.
                        evtish

I'm signed up.

Looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Tom

Looks like a 1st Run 5k rematchSmile
                              Looks like a 1st Run 5k rematchSmile

Looking forward to it. Now if I can only convince you and Fil to join me in Disney

Looks like a 1st Run 5k rematch Smile

Can't wait to see how Vegas sees this one.

E.J.