Toronto and Beyond

A run with the guys (Read 97 times)

Last night i went on the Wednesday "social" run at my local running Room, and really enjoyed it. Usually I seem to get stuck with mostly much younger runners, or all females, and their choice of conversational topics often won't include many things I am interested in. Last night was with a marathon training group, all men, all 55-62 years old, all with much more running knowledge/experience than I have. They had done hills the night before, so were cruising along comfortably, all of us in a tight group. Probably go again next week, maybe also for the long run on Sunday.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

I'm starting to come around to the group run. I started a half Marathon clinic at RR last year but stopped going because... well I thought the talks mostly sucked and there really wasn't anyone to chat with during the run. Good conversation is key to the group run. for my Around the Bay training i've done a few runs with tuf_aint_enough and have enjoyed the runs very much. The miles seem to fly by. I might be converted. Jason
        I just started a Running Room half-marathon clinic. It is okay, but I did find out that I am really slow. I find the group goes out too fast for me so I end up running alone a lot, although that seems to be changing. But I still can't run and talk at the same time at their pace so I just listen. I'm not sold on the group runs yet until I can pick up the pace a bit.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.