Toronto and Beyond

No new posts since Jan 8 - WTF??? (Read 122 times)

This place is getting dull... someone say/do something funny or interesting, though not necessarily in that order. 16 people in my office were let go yesterday, including my colleagues to my left and to my right. That was a lot of fun. In other news, achilles is on the mend. Carry on.

Go Pre!

I've been busy running and eating and sleeping. I must have been a dog in a former life.

Go Pre!

Thankfully you weren't let go. Where do you work (engineer ya?) I haven't had anything funny or interesting to say lately and strangely enough I was just about to create the exact same post you started here. Great minds.... As you were.
          Pat is probably vacationing in some sunny climate. I haven't seen any posts.... This isn't funny but I've been thinking alot about it on my runs on icy sidewalks and poorly cleaned side streets . I live in a condo on a 4-lane street. Why couldn't the city close down one of the lanes for about 10 miles on a Sunday morning so that us runners can run on cleared streets? Whadda ya think?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Thankfully you weren't let go. Where do you work (engineer ya?) I haven't had anything funny or interesting to say lately and strangely enough I was just about to create the exact same post you started here. Great minds.... As you were.
            Tell me about it. I feel bad for those let go, but I believe I'd feel worse if it were me. Can't say the name of where I work (I'd be revealing material, non-public information - or so my recent corporate controls would seem to indicate). Nothing as clandestine (or interesting) as say the CIA. In the financial services field. Dogs have more rights in this city than runners. Dedicated running lanes would be akin a leash-free park for runners. I'd support...
              I haven't really any running to report, embarrassed to say i have only reached 66kms for the year so far. Good news is my 22 yo son does not have to have heart surgery; we had thought he might because he collapsed a few months ago. The cardiologist, after much testing, has determined he has a longer than normal interval between the pumping of the two heart chambers, which together with his low resting heart rate (he runs marathons) and some degree of dehydration causing low blood volume, caused the problem. Remedy may involve meds, but possibly just drinking more water and getting more salt in his diet. He also has a murmur and mild arrhythmia, but not serious. Did 5k tempo run last night, felt pretty good. dsimon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Go Pre!

66K is fine. Injured Dave would be glad to have that. The miles will come. Not glad to hear your sons troubles but I am glad to hear that no surgery is needed. Keep on runnin'!
                  Couple of bodies let go at my office today...... all accounts say that it was strictly performance based, I think we have openings for 2 Business Analysts... anyone interested? On other news my running was going great until Sunday night when I felt something painful in my left knee. Saw the doc last night and got good news. He thinks I’ll be running by Friday. Only soft tissue issue, a little inflammation of the Patellar Retinaculum ( another flavor of runner’s knee). The doc is a chiropractor and he did a little Active Release Technique, Graston Technique, and some laser treatment. Suggested icing and rest, I’m going back for a follow up tomorrow. I was very happy when he said that it isn't my IT Band........... I know the struggles that members of this group have had with the IT band. All things considered this I a good week to have an excuse not to run in -21 (not to mention the wind chill). MTA: maybe I was running too much... I was ahead of the 2000 mile bunny when the pain started.
                    and some laser treatment.
                    He zapped you with a frickn' laser beam? Cool. Was it strapped on a shark's head? MTA: And was his name Dr. Evil? (just thought of this when I hit Post)