Toronto and Beyond

quick newbie question - pace calculation. (Read 103 times)

redleaf

This is my line for today's run: 19/Aug/08 Run Copy of 5km route, 2.5 out and back Interval 5.5 km 46:00 8:22 So it took me 46 minutes to walk/run 5.5 km. How do I get to the 8:22 pace? What's the calculation? Maybe it's just too early in the morning but it occurred to me that I don't know how to figure that out. Thanks very much. edited to add: 46/5.5 = 8.36 so I don't know how to get to 8.22 I also need to know what I did in terms of "X minute/mile" for a weight loss tracker/calulator.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

This is my line for today's run: 19/Aug/08 Run Copy of 5km route, 2.5 out and back Interval 5.5 km 46:00 8:22 So it took me 46 minutes to walk/run 5.5 km. How do I get to the 8:22 pace? What's the calculation? Maybe it's just too early in the morning but it occurred to me that I don't know how to figure that out. Thanks very much. edited to add: 46/5.5 = 8.36 so I don't know how to get to 8.22 I also need to know what I did in terms of "X minute/mile" for a weight loss tracker/calulator.
      Yes the math works out to 8:36 but you ran 5.5km. The pace calculation gives you yhe pace in complete km's. example. If you run 1km @ 10 min per km the math gives you 10 min per km and your pace is a 10 min pace. If you only run .5km the math will say it took you 5 min. However your pace will still be 10 min per km. Wink. It is early .............I guess Clowning around. In the tools section, click on calculators, then click on pace calculator it does conversions and everything. Like I said great site just explore more Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

redleaf

Thanks! Never saw the calculators before...

HF #4362

Lost in the commotion was an 8:22 pace for 5,5kms, great workout and you're just starting. Good for you!!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Go Pre!

.36 x 60 (seconds) = 22. Thats where the 22 comes from Smile
              Your log looks great..... steady and consistent workouts. I see great things as the year progresses!
              redleaf

Lost in the commotion was an 8:22 pace for 5,5kms, great workout and you're just starting. Good for you!!
                Thanks - it's just the average though right? Today for example was Run 2 minutes Walk 1 minute x 12 + 5 minutes for warming up and 5 for cooling down. So I didn't do 8:22 for the whole time if you get what I mean. By the way, thanks for the map - it was great to have a place in mind to aim for (and pretty cool to check my watch at Rees and see that I was 3 minutes ahead of where I thought I would be) The first day of each week is the hardest so I think I'm going to try and do Days 2 and 3 outside and Day 1 inside on TM (based on not being able to finish Week 6 Day 1 on my first attempt. I'd hate to be stranded kms from home while DH is still asleep).

HF #4362

Now I'm feeling really slow, yeah what dave said .36 minutes = 22 seconds Embarrassed Still thinking about the Fay thing.

Go Pre!

Your log looks great..... steady and consistent workouts. I see great things as the year progresses!
                    Yep - keep at it ;_)
                    redleaf

Thank you! Math... sigh

HF #4362