Toronto and Beyond

I pulled the trigger..... (Read 123 times)

.......and registered for Around The Bay.

Go Pre!

.......and registered for Around The Bay.
      cool, it's a good 'final' race. Enjoy.
        I've run the final hill before..... but only about 6km into a run.... not the 28ish that i can expect on race day.
          I bought a longsleeve ATB Tech shirt at the Toronto goodlife Expo, $5. Best deal I've gotten for running apparel. Haven't registered yet, but I will.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

You brave soul! I hear it's cold! Shocked ***waves from nice warm apartment**** Clowning around Cool That will give you lots of motivation to continue training through the winter.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Fool. Is it bad form to wear purchase/wear a shirt for a race you've not run? Discuss.

Go Pre!

Fool. Is it bad form to wear purchase/wear a shirt for a race you've not run? Discuss.
                Don't get me started!
                  Knob It is from a race long gone by. MTA: Although I must admit it was smart of them not to put a date on the shirt.........so it may not even be an official genuine race shirt. How's the shot of mercury sitting?

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Well. I bought a shirt from the sporting life 10k in 2007 at the Nissan 10-miler and it is my favourite shirt! I've worn it tons of time and I love it. I ran sporting life in 2008 and I haven't even worn that one yet. My thoughts are that if there are some shirts left over, at least they got some money for it which will probably go to paying expenses and improving races for the rest of us. Wink And at least it doesn't go into the garbage bin and gets wasted.

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

I'm a fool, too. I bought one of the revolting lime green ones a year ago, I figured the money was going to a good cause. Actually, I'm a double fool because I bought 2 of them, and they were $10 each! On behalf of Pat and myself, sorry about the hijack-carry on! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

To be clear, Jason is the fool for registering the AtB. He apparently did not learn from my sorry example last year (lay on the floor my family room wimpering like a lame dog while he and his lovely wife watched my undoing). He should've know better. The latter was just a question meant to illicit discussion. And, disgust discussed you have.
                          The latter was just a question meant to illicit discussion. And, disgust discussed you have.
                          Really that's all it took to disgust you. Confused Well HTFU, Lighten up etc. tuf_aint_enough ? Should be aint_Tough_enough!

Folks seem to have taken offense here. Not sure why. My bad. I'll assume the last the last comment was an attempt at humour and leave it at that, Pat.
                              Evil grinFun with words, I learn from the best Wink