Toronto and Beyond

Paying gig! (Read 70 times)

Go Pre!

I started a paying gig this morning. I meet up at 6:00 AM with Canadian actor/singer, Hugh Dillon. He needs to stay in shape for his acting career. He needs to run with someone, to get him out the door and pace him and lead him so he doesn't have to think about a route or the time or anything. So we met this morning, walked for a bit to introduce oursleves, briefly, then I said, you start running at the pace you want and I will maintain that. After a couiple of minutes he says, this is a good pace, then he puts his headphones on and says, I'll follow you. I lead him for the remainder of the 45 minute run. We did a 2 minute walk cool down, chatted briefly about stretching and then he said thanks a lot, see you tomorrow at 6:00 AM? And that's it. Easiest $50 I'll ever make. So we have a schedule, Mon-Fri 6:00 AM $50 per run, paid at the end of each week by his manager. The only issue is mileage and speedwork for my own training. The runs won't be much longer than 4 miles but he is about 1.5 miles from my place so I can run there and back and still have time to get to work. Then I guess any speedwork I want to do will have to be doubles, with harder efforts in the evening and weekends. I guess I can try it out for a while and see how it goes. $250 tax free a week is too hard to pass up!
      Nice deal! Does he have a brother in the Newmarket area by any chance?

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Dang, that is great! Let's hope he never gets injured Wink So I guess you're buying at Mid summers night. Big grin

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius