Toronto and Beyond

(Not too) Chilly Willy HM (Read 103 times)

So?

Go Pre!

New Half Marathon PR - 1:34:41 Thought I was going to bail out after feeling shit in the first 2k - warmed up, HTFU'd and I figure this was a respectable finish...while semi-hung over nonetheless! Smile 60 runners in the HM event - 8th overall, 3rd Master results Pretty good weather, really windy in parts though, a bit of a mix up at the turnaround cost a bit of time. Wore my new Sugoi Midzeroes (not cold enough for the sub zeroes yet) I liked them. Anita ran a PR of 1:00:50 for the 10K - poor lass was gunning for sub hour but she admittedly did not HTFU to the max. Great race for her though fighting through her nagging hammie issues. Good post race chili lunch. Nice small friendly event.
        New Half Marathon PR - 1:34:41 60 in the HM event - 8th overall, 3rd Master
        Holy crap you're getting fast. Good job man!! Looks like you had a photo finish with the top woman. and a couple of other guys. Four of you within a second....wow

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Damn. All hail the king! We need to get together for a run/race soon.

Go Pre!

Damn. All hail the king! We need to get together for a run/race soon.
            Thanks! For sure we will run together. My goal for December is to run every day...I am sure I can venture out your way at least one time Smile maybe we can arrange for a group run with a tastyy post run brunch out your way?

Go Pre!

Next race - Santa Jingle 5k Dec 13th (a Saturday) be there!
                Wow! Shocked Way to go Dave. I'm up for a race - feeling much better lately. Must have been the $300 worth of chiropractic treatment but hey, it's worth it! Where is the Dec 13th race?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Go Pre!

Wow! Shocked Way to go Dave. I'm up for a race - feeling much better lately. Must have been the $300 worth of chiropractic treatment but hey, it's worth it! Where is the Dec 13th race?
                  http://www.events.runningroom.com/site/?raceId=3416
                    Every Sat, I meet a group for a weekly long run at 7am at a local high school (Third Line/West Oak Trails area - north of the QEW). This is typically a 2hr or longer run. We will venture into Burlington now and again to run up the escarpment. This would be ideal. Lots of good spots for breakfast afterwards. Let me know a weekend that works. The only weekend I am out is 12/20. This is when we celebrate Dysfunctional Family Christmas with my dad and step-monster...