Toronto and Beyond

Kudos to Tuf (Read 190 times)

Go Pre!

Dave stepped it up today and helped an acquaintance of mine. This guy is visually impaired and his guide for the Chili Half Marathon couldn't make it. I knew Dave was coming back from an injury and looking at running arounnd the same pace so we hooked them up and Dave ran his inaugral Guide Race. Way top go Tuf. You da man.
      Pretty cool for Dave to step up and help out. Congrats to you on the 1:33:59 PR
        Thanks for hooking us up. I am sure I got as much (or more) out of the experience than Del did. My only regret was that we didn't get him to the line <1:59 as hoped for. the support on course was a pretty incredible thing. albeit cold and windy in places, it was otherwise a great day for a run. and, much credit should also go to ron - my guide running co-pilot. as="" hoped="" for.="" the="" support="" on="" course="" was="" a="" pretty="" incredible="" thing.="" albeit="" cold="" and="" windy="" in="" places,="" it="" was="" otherwise="" a="" great="" day="" for="" a="" run.="" and,="" much="" credit="" should="" also="" go="" to="" ron="" -="" my="" guide="" running=""></1:59 as hoped for. the support on course was a pretty incredible thing. albeit cold and windy in places, it was otherwise a great day for a run. and, much credit should also go to ron - my guide running co-pilot.>
        redleaf

woohoo! yea tuf!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

Lisa, where's your uncle these days?
            redleaf

Lisa, where's your uncle these days?
              Sorry for the delay - I'm in BC for vacation. Pat's good as far as I know. Working lots though I think. I'll pass along the message of "check in once in a while"! Wink

HF #4362

Go Pre!

I was a bit worried too - with no runs being logged I fear of bad injury. Say hello for us!
                  I just wanted to point out that in today's Globe Life section of the G&M there is a story on the front page titled: Blind Ambition, about a groundbreaking group of visually impaired triathletes. The picture is of Delano (Del) Brown. The very same Del I had the pleasure of running with last Sun at the Chilly HM.
                    I just wanted to point out that in today's Globe Life section of the G&M there is a story on the front page titled: Blind Ambition, about a groundbreaking group of visually impaired triathletes. The picture is of Delano (Del) Brown. The very same Del I had the pleasure of running with last Sun at the Chilly HM.
                    Fixed. Added link Blind Ambition MTA: added picture

Go Pre!

That's really cool!
                      redleaf

I was a bit worried too - with no runs being logged I fear of bad injury. Say hello for us!
                        will do! and thanks for posting the link

HF #4362

That is neat! The manager of my local RR brought along a blind friend to run with on one of our runs. I was amazed - he ran an icy/snowy run at a great pace (better than mine Blush )

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Guy looks as determined as he must actually be! Congratulations, Tuf!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.