Toronto and Beyond

10 k clinic...looking for a goal race (Read 197 times)

redleaf

I met a new running friend who runs about my pace and everything  and she's convinced me to sign up for the 10k clinic at the RR (not my favourite shop but oh well).

Apparently the goal race is the Chilly Willy 10k. I think it's at the end of November. Has anyone run this before? Flat? Hilly? I will get my first taste of hills at the Zoo I am told; although there are hills at Sunnybrook Park where I did the half and a 5k.

Thanks for any info...

MTA (on October 20)

So it appears that the Chilly Willy is November 29 - which is a little early for a goal race as the clinic goes till December 15.

There are two races on the 12/13th though

-the eggnog jog - which is actually 10.8km (??) and looks to have a HUGE incline (goes with the Halton Hills territory I guess) and

-the santa is back in town in Whitby - at cullen gardens.

Has anyone done either of these? Thoughts? I'm not sure I want my next race to have lots of hills since my last race definitely did.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Go Pre!

We ran this last year. Flat, cold, windy. Good event though, Chili Lunch afterwards but you have to drive to it...5 minutes away or so. Nice route...similar to Mississauga marathon finish.
      redleaf

Cool thanks. I can handle cold. In fact, I like cold. Smile Not sure about windy but that's okay too.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362