Toronto and Beyond

Which Toronto half marathon is best? (Read 140 times)

Mississauga, Scotiabank or Goodlife Toronto.... 1) Which is the most fun-i.e. music, party atmosphere, crowd support? 2) Which is best organised, easiest to get back to the start (to your car by transit or shuttle bus), easiest to register, best expo etc. 3) Which is the fastest? Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Go Pre!

Mississauga, Scotiabank or Goodlife Toronto.... 1) Which is the most fun-i.e. music, party atmosphere, crowd support? 2) Which is best organised, easiest to get back to the start (to your car by transit or shuttle bus), easiest to register, best expo etc. 3) Which is the fastest?
      I've run all 3, more than once, half and full marathons. Wanna know about others? Just ask. On Monday, I'll even tell you about the Hamilton Marathon. yikes! Fastest - Mississauga, by a hair over Toronto Best Organised - Scotia (+ the only out and back route) Best Crowds & Party feel- Scotia (Mississauga is not bad either) Registering and Expo are all equal.
        On Monday, I'll even tell you about the Hamilton Marathon. yikes!
        It is 225 meters longer than a normal Marathon Big grin. I guess you will be tryig to get the crown back Dave. Goodluck Man!!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Go Pre!

It is 225 meters longer than a normal Marathon Big grin. I guess you will be tryig to get the crown back Dave. Goodluck Man!!
          lol - i am sure whoever drew that up on mapmyrun was a bit careless! As for the crown? I have only high hopes of finishing - any decent time results will be an absolute bonus. I had ice cream again last night - making it 9 of 11 nights since Toronto marathon! I didn't have any Saturday though, I had a hundred beers instead. I am primed and ready for this one!
            Although I have only run the Scotia HM - I've run the Mississauga and Toronto GoodLife marathons. I'd agree with Dave's assessment. Good luck tomorrow. I am going to try to be there for the end. 3 marathons in 6 weeks is crazy. Don't know how you do it. Regardless of finish time, that is something you can hang your hat on. I had a great 75 min. run on the trails by my house this morning. I love this time of year. I wish I were running tomorrow, but in NYC - not the hammer...