Toronto and Beyond

Race reports? (Read 189 times)

Oakville Half was yesterday. Okay, cough 'em up! 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

redleaf

tapping foot impatiently... lol

Log stalking ensues...

DaddyO

21.1 km 1:37:10 4:37

Tuff

13.1 Mi 1:40:17 4:46

Good job guys!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

no report but... pictures...

Daddyo at the 10mile mark.

Tuf high 5 with the DW and DD entering the finish chute.

Go Pre!

So, a half marathon 4 days after a 21 miler with speed work mixed in and hoping to beat my best time of 1:33:59? Not a chance!

1:37:10 - I knew after the 2nd mile it was not going to be a special day, but I gutted it out and held a steady pace of consistent 7:15 - 7:25 / miles. 2 minutes faster and feeling better than last year at this same race so I am pretty happy about things as they are.

Anita ran the 10K (64 minutes) and was sort of in the same boat, fighting off the fatigue of hours of driving, laying floors etc, but we did enjoy our races.

This event, although too pricey, is well run and runs through the beautiful area of Oakville finishing along the waterfront at Coronation Park. Great post race festivities with loads of food and musical entertainment.

Once again, our friend Predrag Mladenovic won the half marathon in a time of 1:08

As always, great to see fellow Running Ahead Allumni...especially locals Smile

The highlight of the day really was the drive home. We stayed on Lakeshore drive the entire way, stopping a 'Starbucks for a treat and enjoying the drive passing some of the nicest houses in Southern Ontario. It was a beautiful sunny day that we took advantage of and as always, we're glad to run these races despite the results.

Great times guys,  you must of ran some of it together just 3 seconds a km difference. Darn close.

Excellent pics Jason!

Great report!  Times only in my dreams.  Interesting colour choice in the shirt Daddyo. 

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Abridged version, from my log:

Wind E 13 km/h. Humidity 83%.

Tough run. Great through 10k, then the wheels fell off a bit. Could have been the 61 mi. week, or the hilly 30k on Sat, or maybe the 3 bottles of beer,1/2 bottle of Zinfandel and glass of 15 y.o. blended malt Scotch Wisky (Johnny Walker Green Label)? Or, maybe I am just a wuss? Mentally, I just don't feel tough - though fitness and legs feel great. Am I suffering a crisis of confidence? Definitely a bit of self-doubt creeping in. I need to get over it and break through the other side. Man up, for fuck's sake, Dave!

Official results to follow. 94th O.A. 11th in my AG. Not great, not terrible. I can do better.

Upon further reflection, I realize now this is not my 'A' race. It was a tune-up. A tune-up after a tough week, 30K run two days before and an ill-advised dinner with too much alcohol the night before. Still, I am faster than this. I know it in my soul.

Well done guys! (And great pictures!)

Sounds as though you could both use some help with pre-race preparation! Not the kind of taper week activities I normally see recommended....

Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.