Toronto and Beyond

Race Report-Hartwell Half (Read 150 times)

A really nice atmosphere, friendly, enthusiastic people and well organised. Weather was cool and raining, so thanks to the volunteers for sticking it out! This year's course is a bit faster than before, and I expected to finish around 1:45 as I felt well prepared. Wearing a rain jacket, which did not keep me dry, probably slowed me down a little, but my official time was 1:43:25. This was a little better than I had expected, but slightly disappointing as the finish clock showed a time about 2 minutes quicker as I crossed the line, which would have been a new PB! Oh well... Waited at the finish for my son as his legs had tightened up in the cold and was pretty stiff by the time he got in. Went inside the community centre together for pancakes and sausage, then for a coffee. Very enjoyable event! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Nice run Simon. It was a tough day to run... but all things considered probably better than racing yesterday. Jason
      redleaf

I agree with Jason - I think I'd rather the cool/rain to heat! Glad you did so well!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Congratulations Simon and Simon's son! Smile I would think the weather today would be perfect for racing. Great time - isn't the course hilly?

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Ruth, there are a lot of rolling hills, but no "killers", pretty area to run in but not a PB course. All my km splits were between 5:08 and 4:39, depending if I was going up or down hill, or flat.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Go Pre!

Nicely done SR!
                Good job.